Goobs log, Now with video!!!

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Goobs log

Postby Frostfire » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Bummer your shoulder is still buggin' you :( . Good lifting though, you're making great progress and don't let that scale bring you down, either. Putting on solid weight is really hard work.
http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Postby chewybaws » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:16 pm

What warmup do you do for shoulders before your workout?
was there a time we weren't at war; when we knew what our hearts and hands were for?
chewybaws

Postby Goob » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:03 am

[quote="Frostfire"]Bummer your shoulder is still buggin' you :( . Good lifting though, you're making great progress and don't let that scale bring you down, either. Putting on solid weight is really hard work.

Thanks, shoulder isn't so bad really, just being a bit careful with it for now. I'm sure weight gaining will improve when I quit being so lazy about tracking what I eat. I've been guessing on calories lately, and I'm sure it's not very accurate.

[quote="chewybaws"]What warmup do you do for shoulders before your workout?

I do the diesel crew one you posted here a while ago as well as some shoulder dislocations and stretching.

-----------------------------------------
9/23/2011 - quick workout today

Squat
2x4@185 lbs
1x2@185 lbs
1x11@145 lbs

Bench
3x10@100 lbs

nobody there to spot me so did 3x10.

Tricep pushowns
lots :oops:

Shoulder was fine during pressing, but after was a bit sore afterwards. Tried some really light face pulls and was painful so stopped.
[quote="Mikhail Koklyaev"]Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby Goob » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:32 pm

Been a bit down this week because of my shoulder. It sucks not being able to see a doctor about it. The united states is such a shit hole of a country. I'm ashamed to be american most of the time.

---------------
9/28/2011
I've been eating an entire box of pasta for one of my meals every day this past week and it seems to have helped.

Bodyweight up to 174 lbs (78.9 kg)

Today was mostly just a shoulder rehab day.

band circuit
3x10 pull apart, shoulder dislocations, behind neck press

Wide grip pull down
1xlots@60 lbs
1x15@80 lbs
2x8@110 lbs

Pull ups
3x3

some other shoulder exercises i don't remember the names + more dislocations + abs + back extensions

Tricep pushdown
1x20@50 lbs
3x20@75 lbs
Goob

Postby Frostfire » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Mmm ... pasta is amazing stuff, isn't it? Do you eat it straight-up, or do you put sauces on it?
Frostfire

Postby vegan hal » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:49 am

sorry to hear you can't go to a doctor Goob. i don;t go unless I absolutely have to as I have a super high deductible and pay mostly out of pocket. no fun.

yeah i love pasta too! my late hound dog Earl was a pasta fiend. if we cooked it up he'd get all worked up and we'd always leave a big bowl of it and hand feed him & the others. he was like a crocodile snapping it up. i miss him.

Earl on the right:
vegan hal

Postby Goob » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:41 am

Was down with man flu the beginning of the week and shoulder still sore, so decided to take the whole week off from weight training and just keep up shoulder stretching and some band exercises. I didn't really have time to go anyway. Even with no gym time I didn't get everything done that I needed to. Not having a job is so much work.

Haven't really been eating well either, so I think I my have lost a couple pounds :( will have to fix that.

And, always some type of sauce with that much pasta. I like pasta without sauce, but when eating large quantities it is easier to get it down when it isn't so dry.

@hal I like how Earl is more interested by whats going on over to the left than the person taking the picture :lol:
Goob

Postby Goob » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:08 am

10/10/2011

bodyweight : 173 lbs (~78.5 kg)
not good, but back on creatine this week and upping calories again

back to the gym this week, was fun, but am so weak :|

Squat
1x10@bar
1x5@ 95 lbs
1x5@ 135 lbs
1x5@ 155 lbs
1x2@ 175 lbs got stuck coming out of the bottom on 3rd rep
1x10@ 135 lbs

Dumbbell Overhead Press
1x15@ 15 lbs each arm
1x10@ 20 lbs each arm
1x10@ 25 lbs each arm

Barbell Overhead press
3x10@ bar

Lat Pull down
1x20@ 80 lbs
1x15@ 100 lbs
1x10@ 120 lbs

Pull ups
2, 2, 2

Cable Rows
1x25@ 80 lbs
2x10@ 120 lbs

Cable Tricep Pushdown w/rope grip
1x25@ 50 lbs
1x25@ 75 lbs
1x15@ 75 lbs

Mostly was just messing around. Will be probably messing around all this week while I work out a plan.

Ended up not doing the bench/dead contest at my gym. Had to choose between spending money or making money on that day, so couldn't do it. Looking at the results today, I would have won my weight class by virtue of being the only one in it :lol: I did notice that I am not the skinniest guy my age that goes there, so pretty stoked about that.
Goob

Postby Frostfire » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:11 pm

[quote="Goob"]I would have won my weight class by virtue of being the only one in it :lol:

That has been me at just about every comp I've been in! Kinda sucks, but kinda doesn't matter since I suppose you're "only competing against yourself" or some such non-sense :mrgreen:
Frostfire

Postby Goob » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:45 pm

[quote="Frostfire"][quote="Goob"]I would have won my weight class by virtue of being the only one in it :lol:

That has been me at just about every comp I've been in! Kinda sucks, but kinda doesn't matter since I suppose you're "only competing against yourself" or some such non-sense :mrgreen:

That whole compete vs yourself is nonsense. How can you have fun talking trash to yourself?

10/14/2011

been very busy and forgetting to take creatine so not much going on this week with lliftin weights.

Squat
5x5@155 lbs

Overhead press
5x5@65 lbs

Pull Ups
3, 3, 3

Lat Pull Down
2x20@ 80 lbs

Face Pulls
2x20@ 40 lbs

Tricep Pushdown
1x50@ 40 lbs
Goob

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:02 pm

dude avatar ... do eeeet!
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Goob » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:31 am

[quote="Lordmuppet"]dude avatar ... do eeeet!

I've been meaning to put one up since I joined, but I'm horrible at remembering to do things. Actually, I still haven't got around to taking the "before" pictures I was supposed to take november last year :oops: I just took a picture with my phone and it's way too dark, so next time I see a camera I'll have someone take my picture

---------------------------

Been very busy and not following a plan, so don't remember exact workouts, but not really heavy, sticking to around 10 reps range mostly with lots of light shoulder work in the 20 rep range.

My new plan is to have separate days for squat, dead lift and bench. Mostly just trying to stop beating up my shoulders every time I go into the gym. Will do the main lift then whatever other exercises afterwards, haven't exactly decided. Also, will be incorporating more direct ab work since I won't be squatting so much.
Goob

Postby Goob » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:11 am

So, i have an avatar. The best I can do for now is my reflection in a car window with my phone :P Almost didn't put it up cause I'm looking a bit skinny, but it's better than nothing. Will try to get someone with a proper camera to take my picture and look for an older picture for comparison. I'm not sure there are any though because I'm not the picture taking kind of guy.

Bodyweight is not good 172 lbs (78 kg)

10/31/2011

Squat
3x5@ 165 lbs - very tough
1x5@ 135 lbs - was planning on 10, but legs wouldn't have it :|

Overhead Press
5x5@ 70 lbs

Squat round 2
1x11@135 lbs :mrgreen:

some face pulls some ab stuff then home

looking a bit mean there I think :lol:

Edit: forgot to say, got 4 pull ups in a set friday. Was the first time since i was a kid I think. Been doing pull ups more often than before for a bit and seems I'm finally getting better on them.
Goob

Postby JP » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:14 am

good to put a face on the name :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby Frostfire » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Car reflections are the best because they can be so vague :) - and all my pictures are with camera timers, otherwise I'd never have one!
Frostfire

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs