Hypnotoad's Fitness Road

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Hypnotoad's Fitness Road

Postby Hypnotoad » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:45 am

Between December of 2008 and August 2009 I went from almost 190lbs to about 175lbs. I've maintained my weight for the past year, but I'm still out of shape and I can feel the excess weight everyday. I'm 5'8" (5'7"?), and particularly muscular, so 175 is probably far from ideal. I'm going to follow the same plan that helped me lose weight before and hopefully enjoy the same success. I weighed about 145lbs as a high school wrestler, so I imagine a healthy weight for me is closer to that, maybe in the 150's. My goal is to keep losing a pound and a half per week until losing weight becomes difficult and I have a healthy and maintainable physique.

My plan is simple: 1. I log my weight each day using the Hacker's Diet http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/online/hdo.html, which calculates a moving average and daily calorie deficit. 2. I log my diet each day to help me stay aware of the quality of the food I'm eating.

I enjoy running, cycling, swimming, weightlifting, and bodyweight exercises, but I'm not willing to commit to a training regimen right now. At times it will make sense for me to have a targeted training plan, but my goal is really to achieve a level of fitness that I can maintain throughout my life, and that means I have to accept that I will have other priorities some times. For instance, I'd love to enter some Judo tournaments, but most of my time right now is dedicated to building my business and my programming skills, so training for Judo is not a realistic option. I just want to be able to run around and play without feeling like crap, and stay healthy enough so that training for a specific athletic goal is always an option.

One of the athletic endeavors I'm most interested in is hand balancing. To that end, my current athletic goal is to complete 100 consecutive push ups.

It's been awhile since I've participated in a forum, I'm looking forward to making lots of friends here. Thanks everyone for your support, I'll see you around the boards.
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hypnotoad

Re: Hypnotoad's Fitness Road

Postby Hypnotoad » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:54 am

EATING: Bean burritos, soda (yikes)
Code: Select all
| Weight | Trend | Calories +/- | Weekly +/- |
| 175.4  | 175.0 | ?            | ?          |
Hypnotoad

Postby Hypnotoad » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:48 am

EATING: Bean burritos

I was planning on making collard greens, but my schedule got screwed so we went to Taco Bell. Uh.

| 174.5   | 175.0 | ?            | ?          |
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hypnotoad

Postby JP » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:46 am

you only eat bean burritos whole day?

what are your training goals, what kind of sports do you do?
JP
Site Admin

Postby Hypnotoad » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Yeah, Taco Bell bean burrito is 340 calories, i usually eat five, so thats 1700 calories. It's not the most nutritious source of calories, but it's quick and easy when I don't have anything at home and I'm in a rush.

I typically eat once around 5 or 6 pm, and then I'll have watermelon or something a few hours later.

I haven't had much time to post, but I wanted to get started, I'll post on the Introduction board soon. Thanks for checking out my log.
Hypnotoad

Postby Hypnotoad » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:32 am

[Friday, September 3, 2010]

EATING: Collard greens, corn, turnips, onions, watermelon, onion rings

|  174.8 | 175.0 | ?            | ?          |
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hypnotoad

Postby Hypnotoad » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:33 am

EATING: Watermelon, romaine, muschrooms, olives, black beans, salad dressing
|  174.5 | 174.9 | ?            | ?          |
Hypnotoad

Postby virago » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:37 am

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
My vegan Etsy shop

Vegiburger wrote:The good news is no one has ever died of a really bad case of cellulite.

Clem Snide wrote:If you can't grow a real one, harnessing your inner beard is sufficient.
virago

Return to Training Logs