Blond.Bee's Training & Nutrition Log

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Blond.Bee's Training & Nutrition Log

Postby Blond.Bee » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:55 am

-Training-
1.5 hr Walk
Stretching

-Nutrition-
(Veggie Hut)
Small Tofu & pea/carrot soup
Veggies out of Small Tom Yum soup
Tomato out of 'Mutton' Rendang
6 Veg crackers
Bite of Satay Skewer
3 pieces of sweet vinegar mock rib
Last edited by Blond.Bee on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Linnéa76 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Blond.Bee wrote:Linnéa76- Yeah I'd say my technique has definitely improved and I've always had muscly thighs so there's always been decent strength there. Since this is my first routine with heavier weights I'd say there's a good chance my trainer started me off light to get me hooked and not scare me off! I think the main thing thats changed is my mindset. I've stopped thinking I can't, when I think I'm done I keep going just one more, or up another 2.5k just to check. My mind plays tricks on me- telling me to stop when I really don't have to. The thing that has really helped is a protein shake before bed and getting a good nights sleep! and I think this might go without saying but walking and stretching on off days seems to help. oh and water! keep hydrated, I feel so much weaker if I forget to drink.
You've got a really good squat! (don't forget I'm a good 20kg heavier than you!) just keep chipping away at it, get that little bit deeper, push one more rep out or try a tiny bit more weight than you usually do. (& I don't know if this is normal, but...) I find if I let my trainer put the weights on and not tell me how much it is I can push myself further maybe you could give that a try? Keep at it! x

Good stuff! I don't have a trainer but I've also experienced how you can take more weight if you don't know how much there is! Or if
you're taking turns in the squat cage with someone and want to impress them. :lol: So you'll be trying the deadlift soon, I'm guessing 90 kg for reps? 8)
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby Blond.Bee » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Linnéa76 wrote:Or if you're taking turns in the squat cage with someone and want to impress them. :lol: So you'll be trying the deadlift soon, I'm guessing 90 kg for reps? 8)

Depends who it is! It can push me either way- some guys are great and encouraging and some just make me self conscious! lol... I've re-made the app for next wed (this wed's PT) so it is in sight- not sure about a starting weight, I think I'll let him work it out. If I get to 90 I could come join you up the north end of the strength table :) or if I get 70 I'd make my goal and get into the top half of the table. To be honest I'll be really happy with just a proper place, 3 good numbers to improve on!
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:53 am

-Training-
Walk
Stretching
- was hoping to get to the gym but my thigh's feeling really tight & sore.. I think I kicked a lot in my sleep- oops!

-Nutrition-
1/2 Custard Apple
Tomato
Chai Tea
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:49 am

-Training-
Pilates Class 1hr
Cardio at gym 30 mins (cross trainer & inclined treadmill)
Walk 1.5 hrs

-Nutrition-
2 pieces of dried sweet potato
1/2 custard apple
Chai Tea
2 cups baby spinach leaves w. sun dried tomato mustard dressing
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Linnéa76 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Blond.Bee wrote:If I get to 90 I could come join you up the north end of the strength table :) or if I get 70 I'd make my goal and get into the top half of the table.

You will, easily. There's not much competition below the elite, just a handful of women trying for 1 RM at the moment.
I predict you'll have some cool three digit numbers in a not to distant future. :)
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby Blond.Bee » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 am

Linnéa76 wrote:
I predict you'll have some cool three digit numbers in a not to distant future. :)

Here's hoping! *crosses fingers* I can't wait to try deadlifts and then get to do a proper 1RM! :mrgreen: who knew lifting was so much fun?!

-Training-
Warm up- Cross Trainer 5 mins on level 12 Random
Squat- 3 x 4 @ 80kg
Bench Press- 6,5,5 @ 35kg
45 Degree Leg Press- 3 x 6 @ 150kg
Standing Cable Flys- 3 x 8 @ 8.75
Dumbbell Shoulder Press on swiss ball- 10,8,8 @ 8kg
Reverse fly on swiss ball- 3 x 8 @ 5kg
Wrist exercise (rolling up weight on a rope attached to a pole) 4, 3 @ 1.25
Back extension- 2 x 8 holding a 10 kg plate at arms length & into chest as you rise
Standing rotation- 2 x 12 on level 9

People in the gym were so nice today, 3 different people came up and told me I was getting stronger and looking good :) I love getting compliments from strangers! (they aren't obligated to say anything nice so there's a greater chance it's true :P)
Squats were good. Getting better every session. Tried looking up for one (someone suggested it) and nearly fell over... not doing that again. I much prefer looking forwards. I think I'll stay at 80 till I get to 3 x 6 and make sure they're as deep as possible before I go up again. (Only got 4 more sessions alone before my trainer will up everything ridiculously high again anyway!)
Bench felt really good today, I'm considering going up next time or the time after depending how I feel on tuesday.
I think I'm finally ready to up the weights on the leg press, I was feeling much stronger today (if I can get to 160 it'll be 2 x BW!)
And I finally got my wrist strength back up! I've never recovered this quickly before, I'm amazed. I really think having more muscle strength to take over from whatever was injured helped.
Now I've just got to work on eating enough.... which unfortunately seems to be easier said than done.

Walk 1 hr- up some nice hills :)

-Nutrition-
2 pieces dried sweet potato
Protein shake- 1 scoop pea, 1/2 scoop rice, water, 1tbsp cocoa powder, vanilla, green powder, maca
Banana
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:52 am

-Training-
30 mins wii fit- boxing, step, hoola hoop-that one is great for your core! & fun :)
Walk 1.5 hr- including 5 x step sprints (approx. 40 steps)

-Nutrition-
1/4 cup Pineapple w vinegar & chilli powder
1/4 cup Pineapple (plain)
Chai Tea
Last edited by Blond.Bee on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby hardcore iv » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:35 am

Blond.Bee wrote:-Training-
30 mins wii fit- boxing, step, hoola hoop-that one is great for your core! & fun :)

Nice work on the Wiifit. What is your WiiFit age, if you are happy to share it? I had a go on it yesterday and it gave me an age of 43, classified me as obese and said my ideal body weight was 76kg. Only a little bit off :D
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby Blond.Bee » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:20 am

hardcore iv wrote:Nice work on the Wiifit. What is your WiiFit age, if you are happy to share it? I had a go on it yesterday and it gave me an age of 43, classified me as obese and said my ideal body weight was 76kg. Only a little bit off :D

Ta :) I think it's good fun (even if you do look a little silly!) Must admit I'm glad to hear someone else has had a go at it, what did you try?...I figured if I can feel something working it can't be all bad, and it's got to be better for you than reading all day!
Sure, I think it was 19 (I'm 22), the worst I got was 34 the first time when I didn't get the gist of the balance thing!
It tells me I'm right on the border of overweight and obese- Yay for muscle! I've forgotten what its recommended weight was, but seeing as it's by BMI it'd be somewhere in the region of 51-67kg... I really don't think it's opinion matters though :P
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:10 am

Horrible cramps and nausea all night, slept for maybe an hour... But dragged my sorry self to the gym anyway, testing the theory that exercise can reduce the pain... and I can tell you it's utter crap. I've never been so pale in the gym, I usually look like a beetroot! I kept thinking about Kali & how much worse it could be, kept me going, slow but steady!

-Training-
30 mins cross trainer, level 12, random
30 mins bike, level 6, random
Walk 45 mins

-Nutrition-
Banana
Bowl of Green Soup (mung beans, wom bok, kale, silverbeet, peas, spinach, veggie stock, shallots, garlic, lemon juice)
Chai Tea
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby Blond.Bee » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:18 am

-Training-
Walk 1hr- something's better than nothing right?

-Nutrition-
Lemon Tea
2 small bowls of Green Soup
Chai Tea
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

Postby hardcore iv » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:43 am

Blond.Bee wrote:
hardcore iv wrote:Nice work on the Wiifit. What is your WiiFit age, if you are happy to share it? I had a go on it yesterday and it gave me an age of 43, classified me as obese and said my ideal body weight was 76kg. Only a little bit off :D

Ta :) I think it's good fun (even if you do look a little silly!) Must admit I'm glad to hear someone else has had a go at it, what did you try?

I mainly just did the ski jump, as that was the most popular one amongst the friends i was with :), and the one where you try to sit still for as long as possible.
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby seasiren » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:19 pm

Blond.Bee wrote:Horrible cramps and nausea all night, slept for maybe an hour... But dragged my sorry self to the gym anyway, testing the theory that exercise can reduce the pain... and I can tell you it's utter crap.

ha .... :lol: I had to laugh at this 'cause I was once told the same thing and came to the same conclusion as you.
seasiren

Postby Blond.Bee » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:28 am

seasiren wrote:ha .... :lol: I had to laugh at this 'cause I was once told the same thing and came to the same conclusion as you.

glad it got a smile :) I thought I'd put it in writing so no one else would try it... why I listened to a man is beyond me!
Impossible is Temporary
Blond.Bee

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs