Walking log

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby moggy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Great picturesmabli.

We've got old lime workings with a few derelict buildings on the mountains near us (no where near as big as your mountains up North, bit still referred to as mountains here), and it defies belief that people used to work up there in all weathers, without any modern day thermals!(Possibly why they died young)
moggy

Postby mabli » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Starling in a cage wrote:Lovely photos Mabli.

That lake looks haunting (unless I need a new laptop :D )

Thank you! Its not really very haunting, but its too poluted for fish. The picture shows the comorant that sits on the rocks, not sure why it doesnt go to the nxt lake which is stocked with fish. You can walk to Siabod from this lake, very nice walk, very gentle for folk with saw knees!

moggy wrote: it defies belief that people used to work up there in all weathers, without any modern day thermals!(Possibly why they died young)

Its really interesting isnt it? Some of these places were extremely industrial, and now they're just derelict, with great gaping holes in the rocks where the mines drop into the earth. Im always imagining what it must have been like, whole workforces and the dirt, noise and smoke all gone. Sometimes they leave an impression on the landscape of real unhappiness, it adds to the feeling of hostility that I get in some of the valleys.

So many folk have left their mark on these landscape over the millennia thats partly why I love them. Reminds me how fleeting life is.
mabli

Postby mabli » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Just thought Id update my training log with the fact that I havent been doing any training. My cold has got much worse and gone into a really sore cough so that it hurts under my shoulder blades when I cough, but my voice sounds really sexy so thats a plus. Bit annoying because I cant stand being ill and Im not really well enough to do a workout. Bit worried that all the good wrok Ive done will just disapear if I dont kick this cough in soon. Shouldnt have done the high rope thing in the cold and rain and then gone running... bit silly really, hey ho I live and learn.
mabli

Postby mabli » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Still really got a dodgy cough and gruffly voice, did my workout though ish. Have to really get my arse in gear, just watched loads of videos on Youtube about crib coch and 15. Peaks, aaaaaargh its not so far now!

Im going to rasie money for Sea Shepeherd. I was going to do hunt sabs because sabbing is how got into veganism and it feels like I owe something back to the movement. But then I thought Id do Sea Shepherd instead, because they're pretty cool too...
mabli

Postby Starling in a cage » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:28 am

Just thought Id update my training log with the fact that I havent been doing any training.

Lol. Join the club.

You can walk to Siabod from this lake, very nice walk, very gentle for folk with saw knees!

When the snow has gone from Siabod, that walk is a definite. Yes??

Sorry to hear that you're still not well - hope the dodgy cough goes soon and you will be back on track.
Life is a journey, not a destination ...
Always take the scenic route.
Starling in a cage

Postby mabli » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Starling in a cage wrote:When the snow has gone from Siabod, that walk is a definite. Yes??

Yes deffo :)
mabli

Postby mabli » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:42 pm

OK, so Ive done my workout, but Im really struggling with breathing. Actualy Ive just this minute remembered that I havent taken my B12 for ages so maybe Im getting low again... its not rocket science dont know why I cant get my head round taking a supplement! I got really ill last time as well.

Last night I kept waking up choking, I just couldnt breath and its blumin annoying. Tomorrow Im going to go walking but I'll put a scarf over my mouth so at least the air is warm and might stop my chest getting so iritated.

Going running on Sunday.
mabli

Postby mabli » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:39 pm

Walked about six miles round a couple of lakes. The snow was really heavy on the hills until I got further down Conwy Valley when it disapeared, so hardly any on our walk today. Nothing very exciting happend except that my daughter came with me and fell off a rope swing into the lake which was hilarious and very cold and was why we only did six miles cos we had to get back quickish

Also did my workout
mabli

Postby mabli » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:22 pm

I went on my run along the seaside, Im still pretty rubbish. My aunty runs marathons and she's told me that I must get a running partner or I wont push myself hard enough, so Ill chase that up. I did get an offer the other day.

Ive also done my workout, Im quite stretchy now.

And then I went to a family party and I took sponsorship forms with me and I have collected £227 for Sea Shepherd... I only started 2 days ago!!!!

Im really chuffed, Im going to take the forms into work tomorrow and Ive got a load of shops to have them too. My aim is a minimum of a grand.

:D :D :D :D :D
mabli

Postby Rochellita » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:11 pm

Good job on the Sea Shepherd fundraising. I'll definitely sponsor you.
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby mabli » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:53 pm

.flux wrote:Good job on the Sea Shepherd fundraising. I'll definitely sponsor you.

Thank you!! So far folk are giving me cash in person but nobody is using my just giving page

http://www.justgiving.com/15peaks-seashepherd
mabli

Postby mabli » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Just done my workout... Im so tired today. I had one of those days when you just cant stop laughing and it very tiring.
mabli

Postby mabli » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Did my workout big surprise!! Still got to buy a skipping rope, Ive been working through my lunchtime cos Im a swat so Ive not had a chance to pop to the skipping rope shop, I suppose thats just a sports shop.

Its pretty hard sometimes, Pinkle the dog thinks its really funny and bobs around me and Peeonella the juvenile delinquent cat attacks my legs which makes my workout time potentially dangerous... oh well!
mabli

Postby mabli » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:08 pm

Did do workout did not buy skipping rope
mabli

Postby mabli » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:35 am

Well today I was up very early.

Last night my eldest daughter had a gang of mates round to watch the rugby (what a total waste of 80 mins that was!!!) and the gang stayed over. When I got up there were bodies lying about in the lounge. Anyway, tonight my youngest daughter is having a big sleep over so we will have nine 11yr old girls in the house... what joy. This meant that I had to get up early and do my training as they'll be here soon.

Today I did my workout woohoo!!

Then I went for a run, I was on the bike path before 8am, the sea was in so not as pretty as when there's a beach. Im finding the plod,plod, plod of running a slow steady speed very, very boring so I decided to just sprint for as long and fast as I could and then stop. So I sprinted, stopped for a few seconds, sprinted then stopped and so on. It was loads better, I hate doing anything slowly and often start my sentances at the end so it doesnt make any sense to try to run slowly. I actualy suspect that I have been running more slowly than I normally walk.

Not going to the hills today, too snowy to be there by myself and sprogs will be here anyway. May go with a friend tomorrow though.
mabli

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs