Things....

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Slowly, slowly catchy monkey....

Postby skoptic » Tue May 24, 2011 11:56 pm

Mon - too late home
Tue - 7.5 mile club run, lots of efforts but too slow at other points so its getting to that time when I need to move up a group, which is good news,
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby skoptic » Wed May 25, 2011 6:15 pm

Wed - Glorious sunshine - 6 miles round a new route which went along the fence of Whipsnade zoo for about a mile. Saw lots of impala type things .. and then managed to scare a bunch of wallabies round one corner! Sad to see them behind bars...

Had a hilarious conversation yesterday with someone at my running club, I got introduced to them as "here's another vegan'. They then asked how long I'd been vegan, they said 6 years .... then admitted they love quorn fillets. I nicely said 'oh .. sorry to say, but..." Then they said "actually I'm fine with eggs"... I said "ah - then I think it's best to say you're veggie, just in case you confuse people" - then they said they also eat shellfish!!

Hilarious - 5 minutes of poorly formulated philosophical ramblings about SInger & utilitarianism later, I bowed out.
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Wed May 25, 2011 9:42 pm

ah, that sounds like great fun. :| reminds me of the time I met my cheese eating vegan triathlete friend. yup.
Mr. Cleetus

Postby skoptic » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:12 am

Ooops..

Wed - 6 miles
Thurs - rest
Fri - 6 miles (by the zoo again)
Sat - Tri coaching
Sun - 5 3/4 miles
Mon - Down on my brothers farm
Tue - 8 miles
Wed - 6 miles

At least I'm running most days ... fitness is coming back. Chatted to 'Vegan' girl at running again. While she was happy to start many weaving discussions about a number of ethical things, I basically fell back to the position of not having any issues with her viewpoints as a vegetarian, but having large issues with her viewpoints (eating honey, eggs & in apparently shellfish 'only in principal .. not in practice') as a vegan. When she 'became vegan' she gave up milk. I said that's great .. but she is an ovo-veggie, prob best to call herself that rather than confuse people with what vegans eat. She pretty much almost accepted that :-) (few grumbles)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby skoptic » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Thurs - Quick 4 miles before my first swim session in 10 months... yes 10 months out of the pool! So it was quite sociable... did more catching up than swimming, only 600m - but got the smell of chlorine back on me, its a good start.
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby IronGirl » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:15 am

skoptic wrote:Thurs - Quick 4 miles before my first swim session in 10 months... yes 10 months out of the pool! So it was quite sociable... did more catching up than swimming, only 600m - but got the smell of chlorine back on me, its a good start.

Hey great to see you are back in the pool. Looks like we are both heading back to triathlon? Any races in the pipeline?
IronGirl

Postby Konstantin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:26 am

Good to see you moving again.

How do you eat something in principle but not in practice?
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby skoptic » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Hey guys.. sadly no races in the pipeline which is a total 1st for me! Having just moved and planning a wedding I'm happy with just training for the next few months. Fortunately I love training, not just events

Yeah - I think you eat something in principle by reading too much philosophy ;)

Sat - 1st (proper) bike ride this year!!! Wohooo!! Very nice to be back on the bike, had a great ride, felt quite fast and cycled to brakfast, what could be better

Sun & Mon - Days off, busy

Tue - 5 mile jaunt
Wed - another nice 5 mile jaunt :-)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby IronGirl » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Hey congrats on the wedding.

I was looking at the Enduroman website earlier, is that you on their homepage (bottom right).
I was just checking out the Decca thats going on at the moment, no grand ideas myself!
IronGirl

Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run ...

Postby skoptic » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:53 pm

IronGirl wrote:Hey congrats on the wedding.

I was looking at the Enduroman website earlier, is that you on their homepage (bottom right).
I was just checking out the Decca thats going on at the moment, no grand ideas myself!

Hey - Thanks :) .. Ahhh look at the date on my last post! Yup the wedding, new house, job and summer have consipired against me logging on recently.

Yup - that's me on the enduroman website, nice hadn't seen that :) .. Glad I've managed to get the vegan runners top on their homepage.

Training all good, still just doing training with no events.. but I have my next 10 months planned.....mmmmmmmh... good things lie ahead!!

Sun - 5 mile walk for CRY round central babylon London, in remembrance of a good friend who died a year ago. Then off for a 6 mile run in the dirty rain.
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Re: Run rabbit, run rabbit, run, run, run ...

Postby soniczip » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:13 am

welcome back :D
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby skoptic » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Mon
Short 2 mile run, just had 15 mins to spare before...
45 min swim ... various drills, quite tough after so long out of the water, got speed (sort of) but no endurance.
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby skoptic » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:29 am

Still running, just not logging :)

Becoming more ingrained in life (like running 10 miles to the pub for the other half's birthday yesterday) ... all is good with the world :)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby skoptic » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:05 am

Sun - 6 miles (slow.. heavy partying the night before)
Mon - 8 miles
Tue - 4 miles with lots of stretching....

need to lose a few pounds to fit in my wedding suit ... 3 1/2 weeks to go!
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby skoptic » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Wed - 5 1/2 miles .. running through fields at dusk, very nice :) Legs feeling stronger
skoptic
Facebook Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs