Timanfaya Dreaming

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Timanfaya Dreaming

Postby hakko » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 pm

That is very good news. Impressive placement too, even without what you've gone through. Congratulations!
hakko

Postby silver » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Congratulations!
(don't injure your foot with all that ass kicking!)
It's not what you do occasionally that makes a difference, it's that which you do everyday that brings progress.

http://www.thesilverman.co.uk

Strava-https://www.strava.com/athletes/2077466
silver
User Activation Admin

Postby kallefs » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:53 am

Great job and congratulations! Such a great step in the right direction.
Dum di dum!
kallefs

No more dreaming......Zofingen 2015

Postby IronGirl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:44 pm

I've been steadily building up since my last post. I'm doing sufficient now to merit a training log. My condition is stable (no more symptoms) and I've dared to set myself some targets both short term and long term. I still count my lucky stars and cherish every step that I am able to run. I'm loving training more than ever. :D

So targets!!

I'm focusing on the bike......it's all about the bike isn't it? I'm keeping the volume down this year and attacking my weakness.....power on the bike.
Main Target.......PB at 10 and 25 mile cycling time trials
Fun Targets.......have fun with a few short triathlons / duathlons / MT and trail runs

So there we are with the short term targets.
Long term? I have my eye on Zofingen!!!
3 things need to happen to make it possible. 1. This year needs to go well 2. Upcoming house move needs to be complete 3. Need to convince my hubbie that it's a good idea. I spent last night watching some old Zofingen videos......my how styles have changed......for the better! Anyhow having remembered that a large amount of the run is on trail, my ears suddenly pricked up.

So here we go,a new training log!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday 17th Feb
Took the dogs down to the Forest of Dean and ran a loop of the Trail Half marathon course. A bit of a confidence building exercise as I've just entered the race. (FOD Trail Half marathon on 30th March). Like I say my focus is on the bike this year. All my running has been with the dogs and we just go out and have fun. Fun for Poppa and Billy turns into a Fartlek run on most days, so I've ended up working harder than I'd intended. Result being that I feel ready for plodding around a trail half marathon. I've no intentions of trying to get a good time, it's simply a landmark run after my illness last year.

Tuesday 18th Feb
Turbo 20 min warm up. 3 X 8 min at LT with 8 min recovery. 10 min cool down

Wednesday 19th Feb
30 min run around Brockhampton with the dogs, as warm up for
Turbo 10 min steady and building, then 3 X 4 minute Power Intervals with 4 min recovery, 10 min cool down.
#QuadsOnFire

It's good to be back :lol: :lol: :lol:
IronGirl

Re: No more dreaming......Zofingen 2015

Postby IronGirl » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:33 pm

Thursday 20th February

Been running in The Black Mountains with Mr Bob. About 1 hour 40 min? Not sure wasn't really paying attention to the time!!

Followed a new route joining up some of our favourite peaks. Parked at the stone circle which gave us a gentle warm up before we hit the climb to Twmpa, then we doubled back, crossed the Gospel pass and went "straight up" to Hay Bluff and along the ridge. We had wind, sun, rain, hail and then a rainbow! Some good scrambling coming off Hay Bluff, I was worried about BillyBob but it turned out that he was the one waiting for me. He's a natural little fell runner!
IronGirl

Previous

Return to Training Logs