Frostfire!!! I went climbing again today and reached even higher up the wall than last time
my sneakers are a bit bulky though and it was hard to have good grip in some areas. I'm going to have to invest in some climbing shoes if I want to take this seriously. any suggestions for brands? websites?
baldy- your Argos comment made me crack up and I vote YES for a climbing meet up. I need to get over my fear of heights first before we do anything major
despite having high hopes for the uni gym, I was severely
let down today. first of all, I had to pay £6 for an "induction" tour of the fitness room which was utterly pointless and a waste of my time.
1) there is virtually NO SPACE to do squats and DLs in the "free weight" area
2) there are no weight disks to put on the bar to increase heaviness even if I did have room to do squats and DLs, definitely no Olympic lifts here
3) I had no choice but to use a Smith Machine for squats
4) the fitness center is small and there's so much equipment that everyone is tripping over each other
5) not enough girls and too many macho "look at me and my muscles" boys
sooo sad and frustrated about this situation. maybe it's a sign that I should give up lifting heavy weights
what if I just focus on running, yoga and rock climbing this year?........ who am I kidding? I LOVE LIFTING! supposedly there's a place in the city that has lifting platforms and proper equipment for the Big 3s and what not. I'll give an update once I find out more information.
- 5 sets of squats, varied reps and weights kg? focused on depth and considering I haven't really worked out in awhile, my form was pretty good.
- 3X10 w/ bar power cleans + power cleans w/ overhead press
- 3X8 lat pull downs 30 kg?
- 3X10 chest press 20 or 25 kg?
- 10X tricep pull downs + 2X10 tricep overhead extensions kg?
- 2X15 hip abductors and 2X10 hip adductors kg?
then I jumped on a treadmill to pass time (I was waiting for someone) and jumped off 5 minutes later because I was pissed off the machine wasn't doing what I was telling it to.
2X10 captain's chair (pathetically)
10X crunches legs flat
10X crunches knees bent
2X10 side crunches
10X leg raises
2X10 oblique twists w/ 5kg medicine ball
then my mood was semi-uplifted when I joined my new friend Sara for some time on the climbing wall. we practiced going across the wall for a little and then we both belayed and climbed once each (had to meet someone for coffee so was short on time).
Live by the sea. Love by the moon.