May 16th, 2010: 70.3 Ironman

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

May 16th, 2010: 70.3 Ironman

Postby cafenervosa » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:43 pm

So, I've paid the entry fee for the FL 70.3 Ironman. There's no turning back now...

My goal over the next 6 months is to loose between 20-30lbs and get my body strong enough and healthy enough to finish this race. I've done several sprint and and olympic distance race as well as several long distance open water swims, so I have a bit of an endurance background. However, I haven't been able to train or work out since July, as I suffered a serious neck injury and had to have surgery for it at the beginning of Nov. I'm now healed and ready to ease back into training, but obviously have to use caution and go slowly.

I was hoping to start acclimating myself to training this week, but have been unsuccessful so far due to some family issues I needed to deal with. Also I'm moving into a new apartment on Jan. 2nd. so that's going to be a bit a time vampire for me as well.

But: I have my training plan in place, I am ready...I just need to get going. The goal of this log is to track my food, training and weight over the next 6mo.

I need to be able to swim 1.5 miles, bike 56 miles and run 13 miles. I'm not trying for anything more than to finish under the cut off times. I know I can do, as long as I stay healthy and injury free.
Runs with scissors...
cafenervosa

Postby cafenervosa » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:49 pm

My current weight is 187lbs, height 5'7"...ugg so not good.

Breakfast: 2 slices of Ezekiel sprouted grain sesame bread with some natural peanut butter, coffee and a vegan multivitamin.

I was hoping to ride the bike today, but neck was bothering me too much and I needed to take a pain killer. I also need to help my mom with a few things that she needs, and go into work early today...so that kind of has sacked any easing in workout I was hoping to do today.

Lunch: red beans & brown rice with chilli sauce mix, an orange, almond milk, a banana & some cantalope, an iron supplament.

Snack: celery & artichoke hummus, apple, raw almonds

Dinner: quinoa/corn/black beans with chilli/sesame/lime dressing, broccoli, key lime pie Lara bar
Last edited by cafenervosa on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Runs with scissors...
cafenervosa

Postby xrodolfox » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:04 pm

What's your best discipline?
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby cafenervosa » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:23 pm

My best has always been swimming. I used to live in the Caribbean and started doing long distance open water swimmng and diving when I was there. Running is my weakest right now, 'cause I'm batteling with a neuroma in my right foot and am trying to find a decent doctor to help me deal with it.
Runs with scissors...
cafenervosa

Postby cafenervosa » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:33 pm

<sigh>
Looks like I won't have the time to start training for another couple of days. Too many work committments...

But, at least I can still log my food:

Breakfast: 2 slices of Ezekial sprouted sesame bread w/ natural peanut butter, cantalope chunks & strawberries, vegan multi vitamin & iron supplament

Late morning/early afternood munchies: Amy's No Chicken Noodle soup & a glass Almond milk.

Actual lunch: Amy's Indian Spinach & tofu curry wrap, 1 banana

Snack: 1 apple, handful of raw almonds

Dinner: Steamed broccoli w/ lime tahini dressing, quinoa/black beans/corn mixed w/chilies, lime, cilantro & garlic, Lara bar - Lemon flavor
Runs with scissors...
cafenervosa

Postby cafenervosa » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Christmas was spent working. While everyone brought in loads of sweets made with bits of animal extract, I of course, brought in my plant food. 8)

Breakfast: 2 slices of Ezekial sprouted sesame bread, natural peanut butter

Snacks: vegan fudge & fruit, celery & carrots w/ artichoke hummus

Dinner: Quinoa, corn & black beans w/ ginger/shiitake dressing
Runs with scissors...
cafenervosa

Postby cafenervosa » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:22 pm

The plan for today is to do a 30min. bike ride and a 4mi. power walk. I also need to do some stuff for the folks today as well as start packing for my move to a new apartment. And I have to work tomorrow morning at 5am, so I'm going to have to get some kind of sleep.

Breakfast: Amy's vegan black bean burrito, coffee w/almond milk, mulit-vitamin & iron

Biking: 30min. steady ride on my tri bike. Felt good off the bike, but my neck was sore afterward.

Lunch: quinoa/corn/black beans with shiitake/ginger dressing

Spent the rest of the day sleeping.

Dinner: Curried tofu & brown rice stir fried with peppers, onions & broccoli
Runs with scissors...
cafenervosa

Postby cafenervosa » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:53 am

Up at 4am for work :(

Breakfast: instant cornmeal grits with tabasco, coffee

working all morning and then have to spend the rest of the day packing and cleaning out my storage unti for my move next week. So, no training today. My official training schedule starts on Tues.

Lunch: out with a friend for some for some much needed stress relief. Chips and salsa with guacamole.

Dinner: Amy's black bean burrito
Last edited by cafenervosa on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Runs with scissors...
cafenervosa

Postby skoptic » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:54 pm

Good luck with it all :-). I was going to to come over to do this in Florida but have some in the UK which are a bit closer to home.

We're covered in snow in the UK .. so there's not much bike training going on outside!
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby cafenervosa » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:42 pm

O wow, I miss the snow. I've had my fill of palm tree and hot weather. This is the only time of year that you can even do anything outside. It's waay to hot and humid in the summer to try to train outside.
Runs with scissors...
cafenervosa

Postby cafenervosa » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:44 pm

Still don't have any time to do any training today, as I have to go clean out a storage unit and then go to work this afternoon. This move is taking up way to much time. I can't wait to have it over with this weekend.

Breakfast: sprouted grain sesame bread with natural peanut butter.

Lunch: Brown rice/black eyed peas mixed with broccoli, mushrooms & carrots

Snack: Spinach & tofu burrito, apple, raw almonds & cherry Lara bar

Dinner: 1 whole cucumber sliced with taboulah & hummus
Runs with scissors...
cafenervosa

Postby cafenervosa » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:50 pm

OMG

I finally got moved into my new apartment, but I'm surrounded by boxes! Once I get my home life sorted out here, I'll be back to logging and start my training.
Runs with scissors...
cafenervosa

Return to Training Logs