Baldy does stuff occasionally

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Baldy gets the rage on in Woking

Postby knackers » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:52 am

baldy wrote:1x135kg BOOM PB!

wam bam thank you mam :)

Good comp drama, you were off to a shaky start there but come through fairly strong, well done
“Animals do have a voice. If you ignore their suffering, I will remind you of it. If you don't understand them, I will translate. If you don't hear them, I will be their voice. You may silence them but you cannot silence me as long as I live.” ~ Anita Mahdessian (C
knackers

Postby Orkje » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:15 am

Nice looking squat!
Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back. - Henry Rollins
Orkje

Postby Talyn » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:36 am

Solid effort in the comp, soon you'll be claiming some scalps.

And also nice front squat PB. Not too long ago you couldn't back squat that much, so your progress has been great!
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby soniczip » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:59 am

well done baldy!!!
i'm focusing on some kind of stuff
soniczip

Postby chewybaws » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:15 pm

well done on the comp and front squat, saw them all on youtube.

your jerk lockout has improved tremendously! :D
was there a time we weren't at war; when we knew what our hearts and hands were for?
chewybaws

Postby baldy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:29 am

chewybaws wrote:your jerk lockout has improved tremendously! :D

Yeah lock out is getting better, coach thinks problem is related to PL benching habits. The last bit I tend to treat like a max PL bench.
Still need to improve my flexibility, cant get my back tight enough in the setup.

knackers wrote:Good comp drama, you were off to a shaky start there but come through fairly strong, well done

You have no idea of the drama, after 2 fails on the snatch. I sat there for 1 minute with my hoodie up trying to get my head positive. Character building stuff for sure.

Orkje wrote:Nice looking squat!

Yeah suddenly my front squat form is getting to look like a proper olympic lifter, core must be getting stronger.

Talyn wrote:And also nice front squat PB. Not too long ago you couldn't back squat that much, so your progress has been great!

Yeah 140kg will be nice milestone for the frontsquat, the battle to get that on my back squat is still very fresh in my memory.
140kg Front Squat before ZA!

soniczip wrote:well done baldy!!!

Thanks buddy, its all to look good on the beach :)
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:32 am

CoC session in the office
===================
5 x T warmup left and right hand
5x No. 1 right hand
2x No. 1 left hand with a few partials
Statics hold on No. 1 with left hand.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby rattus » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:43 am

Enjoyed the comp vids.

Plenty of drama on that snatch!

Proper lifting too :shock: - not like my old power snatches!
rattus

Postby baldy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:54 pm

rattus wrote:Proper lifting too :shock: - not like my old power snatches!

Yup proper coaching is making me a proper lifter.

Friday Woking
===========
Very solid session
Front Squats: 5xbar, 3x60kg, 1x 100kg, 110kg, 120kg, 1x130kg (looked heavy), 137kg PB!, Fx140kg // Hard to be happy with 137kg when all I really want is the 140kg. 2kg pb though, should be happy with that.
Bench: 5xbar, 5x60kg, 5x70kg, 5x75kg, 5x80kg, 5x85kg. 3+F x 90kg
Curls
Box Jumps 3x5 then singles to max out. Got to about 118cm (unofficially 120cm)

baldy
Site Admin

Postby knackers » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:45 am

Front squatting machine!

Surely theres a backsquat PB in the bag?
“Animals do have a voice. If you ignore their suffering, I will remind you of it. If you don't understand them, I will translate. If you don't hear them, I will be their voice. You may silence them but you cannot silence me as long as I live.” ~ Anita Mahdessian (C
knackers

Postby NatB » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:43 am

That jump is nuts! good explosive power! will turn you into a fighter yet :P
NatB

Postby baldy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:01 am

knackers wrote:Front squatting machine!

Surely theres a backsquat PB in the bag?

You would think that, but my backsquat groove is totally gone, cos I havent back squatted in so long. I joined ninearms and did some, a couple of weeks back, got proper pinned at 140kg. Doesn't help that I cant low bar squat any more either.

Thinking about adding back squats once a week, I know everyone would say yes. Doesn't make sense to do these when I am in the club time with access to a coach. So if I get a bonus day that I train alone, then I would probably back squat. Maybe should be nailing 5x10 to add bulk and get me properly into the 105kg class.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:16 am

NatB wrote:That jump is nuts! good explosive power! will turn you into a fighter yet :P

Jumps are pretty good, specially for my bodyweight, I was working in with the Jnr champ in my gym who was edging me on. Everyone was laughing cos I handed like a hippo and he lands like a cheeky little cat, being 69kg probably helps.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Felt like a rubbish session, but was probably just an average session. Had planned my session with more volume so I could focus a bit on technique. Walked into the gym felt strong and thought it would be a good idea to just max out. Turned out to be a bad move. hopefully I learn this lesson, stick to the plan.

Monday Woking
==========
Warmup
Snatch: 3x3 drops, hang 2x50kg, floor 1x60kg , F+1 65kg (wtf!), 1x70kg, 3xf 76kg // all very close technically not bad. Not good though.
Clean and Jerk: 3x3 drops, hang 50kg, 1x60kg, 1x70kg, 1x80kg, 1x85kg, 1x90kg, 1x96kg Fx100kg (failed the jerk). // jerks looking tighter on the lock out.
Front Squats: 3x60kg, 3x100, 1x110kg, 1x120kg, 1F 125kg (125kg felt horrible didnt hit depth first rep, second rep got pinned, I got 137kg 4 days ago.. WTF! tired at the end of the session)
Box Jumps: doubles with Chi up to a new PB, still no tape measure so no idea of the height.

Going for sports massage tomorrow, hopefully she will knead out my rotator cuff. Had to ibuprofen gel up for the jerk, which probably isn't very clever.
baldy
Site Admin

Postby ninearms » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:59 pm

You got me today for sure, but I'll just keep telling myself I did 75/100 on Friday and 107 out of the rack today. We'll see how Wednesday goes - 75/95 is the plan.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs