The Plan

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby buzz » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:07 pm

[quote="Kryptonite V"]Strong on the log you bastard! :D
Now get a net and catch all the PBs buzzing around your bag ;)

Stones suboptimal though. You need to come over here, our 150kg stone only weighs 130kg ;)

Thanks Kman. The net is out, and PB's will be rounded up in the next week and a half or so! That 150 stone sounds nailable, especially if it's not too big a diameter :)

[quote="Jonathan"]Very good log pressing Bri - real progress, given that the red log is a complete bastard to work with. You should be on for a few doubles with the big log by now, and on towards an all time log pb.

Jonathan

Cheers Jono! I've actually got pretty used to the red log recently, with doing so many reps/sets with it, and even the cleans feel comfy now. Reckon double at 95 could be nailed, with the big log like, but we'll see next week. 100 would be sweet, or even 97.5 as most i've ever done on the IFSA log(s) is 95.
buzz

Postby SpugFab » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Solid work man, good to get up to the unit briefly on Sunday.

Red log seems ok to me, think it's easier than the IFSA one, but I've not used either much so I could be wrong. You must miss the days of the wooden log tho :wink:
SpugFab

Postby buzz » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:52 pm

[quote="spug_myers"]Solid work man, good to get up to the unit briefly on Sunday.

Red log seems ok to me, think it's easier than the IFSA one, but I've not used either much so I could be wrong. You must miss the days of the wooden log tho :wink:

Thanks man, good to see you again you grizzly bastard. I'd been working on my beard too, but it was like the 140 stone attempt. Close, but not quite there...

I loved that log like a child... where is she now... where... :cry:
buzz

Postby buzz » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:20 pm

Time to get the net out and stick a PB safely in the bag!

Axle press
w/up w/viking
8x35
5x65
3x77.5
1x87.5
2x2x96 - PB for a double. 1st set ok, not going to fail, but not that snappy/explosive. Second set got more fired up, took a decent blast of salts, spewed up on the sacred floor of the unit, and nailed the second double better than the first :) First rep of second set was especially good, focussed on it as don't want to fuck up a 1rm attempt next week! Solidly bagged couple of good doubles tho. Have the first on vid, and a photo of the spew - to follow :D

Fronties
5x50
3x80
1x110 - felt decent, not brilliant tho. Wasn't sure what to do at this point, but figured I'd go for a single or two.
1x120 - better. solid rep, and could have doubled this. Jono said 50/50 chance of nailing 130, no more. I decided to prove him wrong :)
1x125 - hit the safetys, but nailed the rep comfy. Time to rack up a new all time PB, surpassing 130 that I nailed about 13 months ago or so...
1x132.5 - PB. Wee incriment, and fairly ugly rep, but nailed. Happy as fuck. Caught up with previous strength levels and time to hit a new one. Work and Plan is paying off :D :D have this on vid too, will post tomorrow.

Left it at that. Good times.
buzz

Postby Jonathan » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:48 pm

Fucking great session Bri - good fun to be there - some of the enthusiasm rubbed off on me :D

Jonathan
[quote="Kathryn"]You're getting a hedge trimmer, I want a bubble machine. I need it for my job
Jonathan

Postby Frostfire » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:36 am

[quote="buzz"]and a photo of the spew - to follow :D

Hum, I love photos and all but maybe this one can do without being posted!

http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Postby bronco » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:04 am

Good work :D !
bronco
Site Admin

Postby xzebrasx » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:17 pm

Beastly lifting, Buzz! :)
xzebrasx

Postby buzz » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:36 pm

[quote="Jonathan"]Fucking great session Bri - good fun to be there - some of the enthusiasm rubbed off on me :D

Jonathan

Cheers Jono!

[quote="Frostfire"]Hum, I love photos and all but maybe this one can do without being posted!

I think it will be my new avatar :D:D

[quote="bronco"]Good work :D !

[quote="xzebrasx"]Beastly lifting, Buzz! :)

Cheers guys!

Here's the vids;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xe__PDVn334

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tjPKOjftbVE
buzz

Postby SpugFab » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:54 pm

[quote="buzz"]1x125 - hit the safetys

Much as I hate to question officiating standards at the Unit, hit the safetys = FAIL.

Solid session outside of that tho :wink:

Overhead strength is defo well on the up. You will have me on log again soon going on Sunday's visit.
SpugFab

Postby ninearms » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:05 pm

I have to say, if you can hit the safetys then they're too high. Too high = THREE RED LIGHTS. :wink:

No carrots until you hit 140 I'm afraid. My new judging criteria only permits carrots for PBs in multiples of 5kg for all non lemon lifts, and as my 135 was done on an unevenly loaded bar it trumps any 135 you may do in the future.

Have a parsnip for Rage though.

Just a remark on the hefty pressing: push your head through as soon as the bar passes the top of your head, so the bar is over the back of your head rather than towards the front. You'll get a straighter bar path, and you'll also put your traps in a better position to stabilise the bar overhead and thus create a stronger platform for the arms and shoulders to drive against. No carrot though. Just as JP doesn't recognise sets of 4, I don't recognise weights that end in 6. :D
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby buzz » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:35 pm

I'll have to nail 136 next time :D :wink:

The safety was hit with the plate, not the bar, it's just coz it's a narrow cage. Could call it a fail though, as it was only really a warm up anyway :)

Decent advice to push the head through earlier, not sure why I don't really, fear of not nailing the rep maybe I guess. Will do it on the 105 next week tho!! :D
buzz

Postby xzebrasx » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:20 pm

Sorry for being a douche, but - what difference is there between Push-press and Axle-press? Are they synonyms?
xzebrasx

Postby SpugFab » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:42 pm

[quote="xzebrasx"]Sorry for being a douche, but - what difference is there between Push-press and Axle-press? Are they synonyms?

Axle press is done with an axle.

The clean is much harder, but I don't think there's much difference in the press? I could be wrong though.
SpugFab

Postby buzz » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:24 pm

No Spug, the press is much much harder with the axle, push press with a bar would be around 20% higher than with the axle, so my push press (equivalent) PB is around 120kg just now. Not bad eh... :)

In reality, aye, not much difference, and I actually find axle easier just now, but that's probably just coz I'm training it. The weight is more evenly distributed, as the surface area on the hands is larger, and also the weight distribution on the bar/axle is different depending on the weight of the axle.
buzz

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs