The Plan

A place for vegan athletes from all levels and sports to keep their training journals.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby buzz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:53 pm

[quote="ninearms"]There is no press in the snatch! Pressed out=not a snatch! :D Get some vids up so I can offer useful tips/rip you to pieces. :wink:

Ok, but what can I call them then, hmm, edited to fxfewx50kg? :P Don't have bumpers less than 15's, so might have to get a couple of 5's or 10's I guess. Was going to post videos, but am now wondering whether there is any way that I can, but to block them from your view :wink: Only joking, some vids coming soon, and lemony advice more than welcome!

[quote="ralst"]Good session, Buzz. With the bumpers, Unit 20 sounds pretty much like a fully-equipped paradise...

- Eric

Cheers Eric, aye, pretty much full house at the unit now, only other things that'd be nice is a viking press (hopefully will be made in the next few weeks), maybe a fingals finger, hmm, maybe a deadlift/squat frame, guess a conans would be nice... Ach, always toys of some sort to be bought :)
buzz

Postby The Duke » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:23 pm

[quote="ninearms"]Bumpers are weights coated in very thick rubber so than can be dropped from overhead, and they're all the same diameter from 5kg up to 25kg.

Oh wow!!!

Why didn't someone tell me about these before I bought my "Olympic bar and Plates"?

If I had "Bumpers" I would take them up The Eiger and drop (attached to bar) them off the North Face after doing a press!! :D :) :D :)
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby buzz » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:28 pm

[quote="The Duke"]Oh wow!!!

Why didn't someone tell me about these before I bought my "Olympic bar and Plates"?

If I had "Bumpers" I would take them up The Eiger and drop (attached to bar) them off the North Face after doing a press!! :D :) :D :)

It's not a bad idea, would make for a good video for sure, but I'm not certain that is exactly what bumper plates are designed for... more really just dropping from a few feet in the air :wink:

Video from today - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e9WmzH0Wjc
buzz

Postby Kryptonite V » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:17 pm

Good video!
Oh, the grace of Olympic lifting! :D

How's the lower vagi..., i mean, back, Buzz Kolecki?!
Still holding you back and giving you excuses? Get well soon mate!

[quote]There is no press in the snatch! Pressed out=not a snatch!

And don't listen to the mutant, he's jealous of your strength and tries to get you to use tiny weights only by criticizing your already impeccable form.. or something :P
[quote="buzz"]looks like BEACH SEASON IS UPON US!
Kryptonite V
Radioactive Member

Postby buzz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:32 pm

[quote="Kryptonite V"]Good video!
Oh, the grace of Olympic lifting! :D

How's the lower vagi..., i mean, back, Buzz Kolecki?!
Still holding you back and giving you excuses? Get well soon mate!

Thanks Krpytobuddy! Back is still goosed, part of the reason to go lemon at least for a while. Will be an excuse that I will use for a good time to come :D

[quote][quote]There is no press in the snatch! Pressed out=not a snatch!

And don't listen to the mutant, he's jealous of your strength and tries to get you to use tiny weights only by criticizing your already impeccable form.. or something :P

He he, that sounds about right :lol:

More lemoniness tonight;

Power cleans - singles and doubles at 50kg, focussing on driving with the hips.

Snatches - 50kg Couple ok, but get tired and lose the explosion at this weight fairly quickly. Technique needs plenty work. Started using hook grip on all the lifts tonight, and it felt fine, but on the snatches with wider grip was a wee bit uncomfy.

Hang cleans - 50kg

Power cleans - 50kg for a couple. Then to 70 for three singles and a couple of front squats. Weight too heavy to really focus on form at 70, but 2nd and 3rd singles felt better than the first. Back down to 60 and focussing on pulling slow off the floor and accelerating on the way up, seemed to be quite nice.

Power clean and jerk - 50kg, some good, some not so good.

Left it at that, nice 45minute session. Lesson for tonight - lemon makes me warm.
buzz

Postby buzz » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:21 am

Hmm, last night;

Power cleans w/50kg to w/up

Snatch - few at 50, some ok, some not so ok. Went up to 60 but failed, and then couple dodgy ones at 55.

Power clean and jerk
between 50 and 75, feeling better.
buzz

Postby buzz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:57 pm

Couple sessions over last few days;

Friday

Clean + press - getting some tips off Alan from Adlington, via the mouth of JP, worked up to 80 (but failed on 80). Same as before, up to about 65 I'm ok, above that form goes to shit. Plan - work between 55 and 70 'til form is properly nailed.

Front squats
Just did singles up to 100 with the oly grip.

Log cleans
2(or 3)x1x95 - felt ok, later one(s) were better.
fx105

Strict press
4x60
fx70
4x60

Went back to cleans and did 5x50, and then 5x60 - form seemed fair bit better, at least on the reps at 50.

Saturday night - had a strange dream about going to a club, and when I got there, there were some changing rooms that people were going to before hitting the floor. I went in, and there was a line of cable curl machines. Of course, I went to pump the ceps, but it was actually really tough, and I failed at the first attempt. Brought the grip in a bit, and made a rep. Then the dream kind of fizzled out. Woke up with sore 'ceps, though I blame this mainly on the heavy log cleans on Friday...

Sunday

Log press
w/up w/30kg
4x60
3x70
5x1x75 - got better as they went on
8x60
5x60 - practicing dipping a bit and trying to jerk the weight up and get under it.

Tyre flip
3x280kg and drag wee chain about 2 or 3m - tyre felt good, but chain brutal as always :)
5x280 tyre

Stones
1x80
1x100
1x115
buzz

Postby jemmyducks » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:05 pm

haha, that dream is perfect, Buzz! :lol: of course there would be bicep-pump machines at the disco changing rooms. when i own a club, i'll be sure to set those up!
Personal Trainer, Health Coach, Dance Artist
San Francisco, CA
jemmyducks

Postby buzz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:10 pm

[quote="jemmyducks"]haha, that dream is perfect, Buzz! :lol: of course there would be bicep-pump machines at the disco changing rooms. when i own a club, i'll be sure to set those up!

:lol: Eeek! I need to get a copyright on this idea!! :D
buzz

Postby The Duke » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:29 pm

[quote="buzz"] Woke up with sore 'ceps,

What you've got there is a case of "wanking cramp".
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby buzz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:12 pm

[quote="The Duke"]What you've got there is a case of "wanking cramp".

But it was both 'ceps Dr Duke :? :) Why would I have been wanking if I was dreaming about doing cable curls anyway?? :D
buzz

Postby VeganGraham » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:47 am

Have you been looking at those pictures of me in my figure hugging lycra shorts again. :roll:
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby buzz » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:38 am

[quote="Big Good Wolf"]Have you been looking at those pictures of me in my figure hugging lycra shorts again. :roll:

Of course, but that's nothing out of the norm...
buzz

Postby JP » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:41 pm

good to see you hit the chain and medleys man!

Witness the fitness!
JP
Site Admin

Postby buzz » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:33 pm

Fitness is here JP, and hey, did we not have some kind of crazy challenge? Like a race or some nonsense? Next time eh :)

Tonight - struck with manflu, but eating well again, so hit the unit anyway;

Cleans (and some jerks)
somex50
somex60 - cleans not feeling great
somex65 - jerks felt nice, not splitting them, just dipping under.

Squats
8x60
5x100
6x120 - really happy to make these. initially thought about just doing a few doubles, and first rep was nasty, seeing stars etc. Set wasn't fast, but all reps nailed nicely enough.

CG bench
8x60
5x80
1x100
1x100 (failed on 2nd) - fuck, bench has gone to shit. 100 was ok for a single, but no drive from the tri's really on the press. With food will come strength, and get bench back up towards 130 somehow. Fuck, lost about 20% strength on bench :?
buzz

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs