Rochelle, I will save you the trouble

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Rochelle, I will save you the trouble

Postby justin » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:18 pm

My first impressions have been dismayed, and I have decided not to visit this board anymore.

Rochelle - You may wish to delete the thread regarding my association with AAS, as there will no longer be the threat of such postings.

I must apologise for my ignorance in veganism, it is totally new to me. My attempts of learning from actual vegans and gaining their insights have been met with hostility. Maybe my innocence has come across as having an ulterior motive.

I wish you all the best.
justin

Postby JP » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:42 pm

hey, i think people were being very polite to explain things and could have continued to do so further as well, but perhaps the fact that we answer these queries all the time in our lives made people frsutrated about it here.

But first thing you need to understand is that vegans come in all shapes and sizes. Veganism is not some kind of religion where people would be same to the last dot - so we all react differently. I think perhaps you saw everyone as "them vegans" and failed to see different reactions different people were giving if you got offended from couple negative comments?

If we compare peoples attitudes to the one you would get as a vegan asking meat eaters ethics and beliefs in ANY muscle board on the net, people here were being saints :lol:

The AAS use is a discussion which this board needs to have anyway - it doesn't have anything to do with you.
JP
Site Admin

Postby JO » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:48 pm

Justin,

I thought you said you were learning some things from VeganFitness? While there may be some hostility, there is no denying your topics are popular. These discussions don't just incite argument, though. They also facilitate more thoughtful opinions. This helps stave off insularity, ignorance and groupthink, etc.

Sincerely welcome,

JO
JO

Postby littlegirlbunny » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:00 pm

If this is the attitute when not on steroids - just imagine how bad it could get. I really dislike the fact that this man will now tell everyone he comes across how 'all vegans' are intolerant/hostile and unwelcoming, when really all that occurred was a routine discussion!

Its strange, but dummy and pram come to mind!
littlegirlbunny

Postby blackdaisies » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:38 pm

I apologize, but only a little bit, for being snitty in your one post. But like JP said, I do get those questions so many times from people and you did sound like you were beginning to challenge people who were vegans. I mean is it really necessary to go on about how you love the smell of bacon?
blackdaisies

Postby Strix » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:40 pm

I hope you stay justin. :) If you decide not to, and have any questions about veganism, you can email me or pm me or whatever and I'll do the best I can to answer any questions.

Strix :)
"The hand that signed the paper felled a city;
Five sovereign fingers taxed the breath,
Doubled the globe of dead and halved a country;
These five kings did a king to death."
-Dylan Thomas
Strix

Return to General Discussion