Veganism & drugs

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Animal Rights/Human Rights

Postby Daniel » Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:34 pm

The following quote is taken from David Niberts book Animal Rights/Human Rights:

"Due to corporate machinations driven by an economic system characterized by greed and an incessant drive for profit maximization, the Worldwatch Institute's 2000 report estimated that 1.2 billion humans, the largest number they ever reported, are "underfed and undernourished," while another 1.2 billion are "eating too much or too much of the wrong food." Accordingly, it has been observed that the citizenry of the United States has become the "most overfed, undernourished, and overweight people in the world." Not surprisingly, some vivisectionists are inflicting harm on thousands of animals in their search for drugs to ameliorate the "diseases of affluence," including drugs that will inhibit the storage of fat in the human body. Such a treatment would enable health-conscious humans in affluent nations to continue, and even increase, their oppression-based, destructive and poisonous high-"meat" and -cheese diet--so long as they can afford the "antidote."
Daniel

Postby heatherhorton » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:07 am

I don't drink or do drugs....but I can't stop my coffee habit...maye once a week or so I go through the "ok, from now on only herbals teas!" but that invariably fails...
heatherhorton

Postby Malcolms Billy » Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:57 am

I can easily go without coffee....... for 4 hours :lol:

In my defence I have to say that I always buy fair trade, organic brew. My latest is Zapatista coffee! Now I'm sure that these guys would not like me to give up my habit, I'm drinking for the revolution! :wink:
Malcolms Billy

Postby Fruitbat » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:11 am

NO drugs, no coffee, no tea, no stimulants on a regular basis htough the occasional chocolate-boost in emergencies and the VERY occasional alcohol consumption to maintain a semblance of "normality" to the ppl around me who alrerady think I am a health-obsessed puritanical freak
Fruitbat

Previous

Return to General Discussion