vegan bodybuilders who started vegan ??

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

vegan bodybuilders who started vegan ??

Postby israel » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:06 pm

Can you give names of vegan bodybuilders whostarted out as vegans ---- the bigger the better (names are enough but if you have an image its a big plus)
israel

Re: vegan bodybuilders who started vegan ??

Postby blinki » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:28 pm

I may be stating the obvious but have you checked great vegan athletes? If you read through the profiles it's going to be on there if the info is anywhere

What's the guy who I think runs VBB? Robert something beginning with C? He'd be my best guess
blinki

Postby israel » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:13 pm

http://www.greatveganathletes.com/bodybuilders - i know about the list

but i was trying to veganise someone and thrown some names and he said he know about them and they all didnt start vegan but built their body than changed to veganism

so i want to make a list of name which built their body from a vegan diet from the start - which i can give in case i run into this argument again

found this about a guy gaining muscles as a vegan : [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=skinny+vegan[/youtube]

Also avi leyni post is a good one :

UPDATE.
As of August 2014 I have not even opened my page, read the notifications or responded to the many questions and comments that were posted or sent through private messages. My excuse is that I have moved to Tel-Aviv and that the workload from the new job has kept me too busy from other duties. I think it is long time overdue to return and try spending a little bit of time every other day or so and try to catch up. I apologize to all and I will try to do my best from now on
A little update:
As of may 2014 the gym I was managing in cooperation with the City Of Acco was closed as the municipality decided that the building we were occupying was to be torn down and the land used for another project. No effort on the city's part was made to find an alternative and so the many local kids that enjoyed their daily workout were left hanging with no outlet other than going back to the streets smoking hookahs and getting in trouble.
As for me the process of dealing with unwilling officials and other bureaucratic hurdles kept me from working out, leading to a drastic weight loss.
I arrived to my new job in Tel Aviv weighing a mere 76 kg.
Well I thought this could be an opportunity to prove once again that a vegan diet will still allow me to gain the muscle and strength back, even at the
"old"age of 54.
I am now weighing close to 84 kg and going up, at 9% body fat .
I have to ride my bike to work 11 km each way and I believe even if it is beneficial to my heart/lung function, it is hampering my weight gain a bit .
In any case I am hoping for a return to my younger old-self (pun intended)and I will try to post a couple of pictures soon.

update : jehina mailk vegan since birth
Last edited by israel on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
israel

Postby Konstantin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:25 am

Alex Dargatz was world champion (see www.greatveganathletes.com) and he started training when he went vegan. Others went vegan during the process, although it's worth noting that Robbie Hazeley didn't make any gains until he went vegan and sorted out his joint problems.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby israel » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:48 pm

jehina mailk - vegan since birth
israel

Postby athlegan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:32 am

Very cool, I didn't even know about that "Great Vegan Athletes" website before. Thanks!
athlegan
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion