Gelert's Posts Deleted. Why?

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Gelert's Posts Deleted. Why?

Postby jamesndawson » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:46 pm

On another forum I'm on there was a critique of "vegan philosophy" saying there was "no concise evidence" that animals were "self-aware". The poster purported to take a very "scientific" perspective. I know a little about science and scientific method, but I don't claim it's my forte and I tend to be agnostic about it. But I wanted to give a link to some skeptical, scientific vegan perspectives on the question, so I gave this thread on the Ethics of Eating Bi-valves:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21164

I especially directed them to Gelert's comments. But except for a few short comments by him and his quotes from the other poster, it looks like much of his posts in this thread have been deleted. I'm a little disappointed because I thought this would be a very useful thread to direct scientific-atheist-skeptical types who are critical of or against veganism.

Didn't Gelert do the blog, The Vegan Scientist? I looked that up and it seems to have been taken over by a vegetarian body builder without changing the blog's name.

Who can delete posts on VFF? Does anybody know what might be going on here? Although I'm not a member of the strict-science-atheist-skeptic community, Gelert's comments were a good "go to" resource to refer said people to who're anti-vegan.
James
jamesndawson

Re: Gelert's Posts Deleted. Why?

Postby jamesndawson » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Oops. It looks like they're back. I don't understand why I didn't see them before. Never mind I guess.
James
jamesndawson

Re: Gelert's Posts Deleted. Why?

Postby beforewisdom » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Phew. I miss Gelert's posts. I wish he would start posting again.
beforewisdom

Return to General Discussion