'Earthlings'

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: 'Earthlings'

Postby Goob » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:09 am

osric wrote:
Goob wrote:I'm never going to watch it. I'd never sleep again if I did. Something like a mcdonalds advertisement is enough to ruin my day.

The first time I saw a KFC fried chicken ad in high-def I had to turn the tv off. Thankfully I rarely watch tv anymore.

Seems like tv is mostly fast food commercials now too. It's pretty terrible. I dvr anything I'm going watch now and just skip past the commercials, or I wait for it to be on netflix.
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby Catt Queen » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:04 am

Goob wrote:Seems like tv is mostly fast food commercials now too. It's pretty terrible. I dvr anything I'm going watch now and just skip past the commercials, or I wait for it to be on netflix.

I just avoid the crap altogether and have no tv.
Allie =^..^=
http://www.stronger.me.uk
Find me on Facebook
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts.
That's what little girls are made of; to hell with sugar and spice.
Catt Queen

Postby Password » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Mmm... I don't watch much televison anymore either. I do really enjoy a few Disney's every now and then with my daughter :-P
"It might sound naive to suggest that wether you order a chicken patty or a veggie burger is a profoundly important decision. Then again, it certainly wound have sounded fantastic if in the 1950s you were told that where you sat in a restaurant or in a bus could begin to uproot racism..."
Eating animals, Jonathan Safran Foer
Password

Postby Password » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Hey,
My dear mother asked me rather aggressively why I had decided to go vegan and I told her I would send her the link to this 'earthlings' documentary. Well, she watched 40 minutes (don't even know how she went that far, I've abandoned after 7) and sent me an answer telling me how shocked she is, that she didn't realize it happened like this, that she was horrified and that... Wait for it... She is turning vegetarian!
Doesn't surprise me really, I don't know why it hasn't turned more people vegetarian or vegan. It must be the omnipresent violence in the media and television...

I'm glad she has realized, although I just don't get why so many people don't wonder about what their is in their plates and how it got there!
"It might sound naive to suggest that wether you order a chicken patty or a veggie burger is a profoundly important decision. Then again, it certainly wound have sounded fantastic if in the 1950s you were told that where you sat in a restaurant or in a bus could begin to uproot racism..."
Eating animals, Jonathan Safran Foer
Password

Postby M3F » Wed May 02, 2012 9:20 am

I watched the whole thing a couple of days ago, wasnt pleasant but i managed ok. I went vegan for reasons other than animals but after seeing that i think it will be pretty dam easy to not fall of the wagon. gross. it is actually shown in some schools here. i had a friend who said she watched it at school and stopped eating meat for a couple of weeks. I know a lot of people who would be able to watch it and still eat meat. gag. not me.
M3F

Previous

Return to General Discussion