how much do you hate quorn?

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: how much do you hate quorn?

Postby rattus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:48 pm

[quote="osric"]

I didn't realize how evil Quorn is until I stumbled across this thread :)

Complete Bastards.
rattus

Postby ida » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:05 pm

The Swedish distributor of Quorn in Sweden Findus have actively decided not to sell the vegan quorn burger in the Swedish market. Bastards!

I've sent them an angry email about this and am troubled by the fact that I now need to hate both quorn and strongly dislike Finus for not selling vegan quorn when they can. (Avoiding Findus completely would be very difficult since they are the Nestlé of Sweden and are involved in most products available on the market) Double Bastards! :evil:
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby tal » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:16 pm

[quote="ida"]The Swedish distributor of Quorn in Sweden Findus have actively decided not to sell the vegan quorn burger in the Swedish market. Bastards!

I've sent them an angry email about this and am troubled by the fact that I now need to hate both quorn and strongly dislike Finus for not selling vegan quorn when they can. (Avoiding Findus completely would be very difficult since they are the Nestlé of Sweden and are involved in most products available on the market) Double Bastards! :evil:

What reason did they give for not introducing it into Sweden? Not enough saturated fat? Too many carbohydrates? Not enough butter?
tal

Postby Hiking Fox » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:57 pm

No, they just wrote the letter with a stick smeared it dogshit, and signed it,

Yours sincerely

The BASTARDS
Hiking Fox

Postby ida » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

[quote="Hiking Fox"]No, they just wrote the letter with a stick smeared it dogshit, and signed it,

Yours sincerely

The BASTARDS

Almost true. It was chicken poo (that they got from there egg producing quorn chickens)

[quote="Talyn"]What reason did they give for not introducing it into Sweden? Not enough saturated fat? Too many carbohydrates? Not enough butter?

They didn't give a reason. They answered my email and said that they only have decided not to sell the vegan burger. I guess they just like torturing chickens. :(
there is always time for rowing
ida

Postby Konstantin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:16 am

Bastards!
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby beforewisdom » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:40 am

This thread is FUNNY.

Seriously, it is a small world. Someone should email the URL for this thread to Quorn's marketing department. Someone there might be insightful enough to see that all of this vitriol could just as easily be enthusiasm from loyal customers......and promoters at vegan events. Money.
beforewisdom

Postby Konstantin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:54 am

[quote="beforewisdom"]This thread is FUNNY.

This thread is a recipe for VF nostalgia.

[quote="beforewisdom"]Someone should email the URL for this thread to Quorn's marketing department. Someone there might be insightful enough to see that all of this vitriol could just as easily be enthusiasm from loyal customers......and promoters at vegan events. Money.

Yes! But if I google Quorn and someone finds that on my computer, they going to think I'm some kind of chicklet killing pervert, right?
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby baldy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 am

"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby blinki » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Quorn is meat (in my head). I had it once when I was a kid when it first came out and it probably makes my list of oldest memories. It squeaked between my teeth and I'd never had food that did that before and it freaked me out. I decided that must be exactly what meat is like and the squeaking was like how animals squeak. Was never able to even think about eating it after that
blinki

Postby beforewisdom » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:49 pm

[quote="blinki"]Quorn is meat (in my head). I had it once when I was a kid when it first came out and it probably makes my list of oldest memories. It squeaked between my teeth and I'd never had food that did that before and it freaked me out. I decided that must be exactly what meat is like and the squeaking was like how animals squeak. Was never able to even think about eating it after that

Back in the light of day and reason in 2012 quorn is literally NOT meat and if it was vegan it would be a huge boon to reducing animal suffering as well as making people healthier. On a positive note, your quote made me smile. In the time and place where I come from nobody had childhood memories of mock meats. It is a sign of progress that some people now do.
beforewisdom

Postby blinki » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:52 pm

[quote="beforewisdom"]Back in the light of day and reason in 2012 quorn is literally NOT meat and if it was vegan it would be a huge boon to reducing animal suffering as well as making people healthier. On a positive note, your quote made me smile. In the time and place where I come from nobody had childhood memories of mock meats. It is a sign of progress that some people now do.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say it's aimed at folk who miss/like meat which is a great strength. To me it's really weird but I'm not at all the target market

When I was a kid even a veggie burger was a rarity- we must have went to Edinburgh or Glasgow to get quorn. By the time I was in my teens you could assume you could get them in at any shop bigger than a corner shop. A lot of progress in not very much time
blinki

Postby Konstantin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:17 pm

[quote="beforewisdom"]In the time and place where I come from nobody had childhood memories of mock meats. It is a sign of progress that some people now do.

Protoveg chunks or protoveg mince. For years. Then sosmix. Sosmix or protoveg for years. How times have changed.
Konstantin

Postby JP » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:27 am

[quote="beforewisdom"]This thread is FUNNY.

Seriously, it is a small world. Someone should email the URL for this thread to Quorn's marketing department. Someone there might be insightful enough to see that all of this vitriol could just as easily be enthusiasm from loyal customers......and promoters at vegan events. Money.

its been done, but the problem is they know WHAT COMPLETE CHICKLET KILLING BASTARDS they are already...
JP
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:36 am

"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion