how i can eat up to 70 bananas in a day?

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: how i can eat up to 70 bananas in a day?

Postby Johnboy74 » Tue May 04, 2010 10:37 am

Does it not get boring eating all those bananas?
****** Vegan Atheist ******
Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.
Johnboy74

Postby ha » Tue May 04, 2010 10:55 am

Not when Im hungry! :)

But I dont just eat the nana's but lots of different tasty fruits like quality oranges, stone fruit, grapes, mango, dates, melons, berries, durian, jakfruit, sapotes, mamey's, custard apples etc.

I like bananas a lot though cos they are cheap, easy to get organic and ripe, digest a treat and pack the carbs hit peeps need to power up.

Organic dried banana is a fav thing I take out riding as are dates. I dont always eat organic but do my best too. I find it often just tastes better. Plus all the other bonuses.
raw vegan banana case that has cycled over 190 000km cycled as a vegan.

y - youtube.com/durianriders
f - facebook.com/durianrider
t - twitter.com/durianryder
b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

Drink up, carb up, sleep up... cos everyday is the day to live it up!
ha

Postby Andrewc » Tue May 04, 2010 10:59 am

I'm glad you now believe in B12.
Andrewc

Postby divergirl » Tue May 04, 2010 11:05 am

Hi ya

Can I ask how on eath you can afford to eat that much fruit and especially organic which is often more expensive? Are you rich? Do you work & if so doing what? How do you find enough time to eat that much fruit? Raw veg & fruit take ages to eat, for example I ate 1/2 a head of broccoli the other day and it took ages to chew it all up, much longer than my allotted lunch break. And yep, altho it tasted great it was boring to eat it.....

I am also in Adelaide so know the prices of fruit.....where do you buy your fruit?
Diving into the blue again......

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Winners do things that losers just won't.
divergirl

Postby ha » Tue May 04, 2010 11:17 am

We run the most active raw vegan website and do mentoring www.30bananasaday.com We put on retreats and do talks. We live a basic lifestyle and do a lot of housesitting of mansions on mountain tops and absolute beach fronts. We spend unlimited funds on fruit...basically we are fruit junkees!

Freelee got rid of her focus of prada and now its a focus of banana.
I got rid of my focus of fashion collections and started the fruit selection.

Adelaide? Steve's organics is the main wholesaler there. Buy bulk and save.

Organically grown/85 st bernards rd/Magill is the best organic shop in Australia and its ran by a temp housemate of mine Clinton. Just tell him a crazy vegan banana eater said his shop is the place for quality and deals..

Basically any where in Australia we go, we quickly find where we can get the best quality fruit hit. We are getting mainlined cert org bananas up here for 8$ a 13kg box and they aint even ripe yet. Its crazy how much you can save at wholesalers.

So yeah I also lived for years on unemployment so maybe that helped me get savvy and ditch the YSL for some cannistel! :)

Basically quality vegan nosh, raw or cooked is not a luxury, its a neccesity. What provides better returns than our health? My body is not a discount body! :)

b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

ha

Postby Ombah » Tue May 04, 2010 11:23 am

[quote="ha"]We are getting mainlined cert org bananas up here for 8$ a 13kg box

:shock: That's what I get about 2 kg organic fairtrade bananas here!
Ombah

Postby benzilla » Wed May 05, 2010 12:37 am

Damn ha! Any inside tips on cheap organic fruit in Sydney?
benzilla

Postby ha » Wed May 05, 2010 10:33 am

Sydney is the KING for organic bargains!

Catch the train to Flemington station and walk the 300m to the markets with a sack trolley.

There is about 4 organic wholesalers.
EB
Ecco farms
Back to Eden
and one more I forget..

Go in their and ask for a list of what they have. Then browse it. Ask if they have boxes of smoothy bananas. They are my fav.

b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

ha

Postby Fjodo » Wed May 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Well, I don't know whether it is really sustainable to produce so much fruit for just one single person. I mean, come on. There just can't be enough suitable land for cultivation and enough free hands to work in the orchards so that everybody could follow your lifestyle. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, I am not sure whether your diet will keep you healthy for, say, 15 years. It seems you are losing weight. Slowly, I admit, but still steadily. A diet which leads to weight loss is a bad diet, I guess.

How much do you shit?
http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20596
This is my running log. Look it up! I appreciate any kind of response. Just try to be not way too hard, I started only recently.
Fjodo

Postby tal » Wed May 05, 2010 5:38 pm

[quote="Fjodo"]Well, I don't know whether it is really sustainable to produce so much fruit for just one single person. I mean, come on. There just can't be enough suitable land for cultivation and enough free hands to work in the orchards so that everybody could follow your lifestyle. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you are wrong. How much wheat/soy/vegetables are required for one person? And when you consider the amount of packaging and transport his food requires (read: none, and hardly any), it is probably more sustainable than anything else you could suggest. Obviously not if you live in a European climate but it'd be piss easy in Australia.

[quote="Fjodo"]Also, I am not sure whether your diet will keep you healthy for, say, 15 years. It seems you are losing weight. Slowly, I admit, but still steadily. A diet which leads to weight loss is a bad diet, I guess.

Did you see the earlier videos? If anything, he has gained weight.
tal

Postby benzilla » Thu May 06, 2010 3:52 am

[quote="ha"]Sydney is the KING for organic bargains!

Catch the train to Flemington station and walk the 300m to the markets with a sack trolley.

There is about 4 organic wholesalers.
EB
Ecco farms
Back to Eden
and one more I forget..

Go in their and ask for a list of what they have. Then browse it. Ask if they have boxes of smoothy bananas. They are my fav.

Cheers mate. I've been to Flemington markets before, one day they even have an organic market which i went to, but there was hardly any there.

I'll go again and check out those wholesalers.
benzilla

Postby runner » Thu May 06, 2010 6:55 am

Hi Ha,

Ok, where to start. I really like your motivation, and think you are an inspiration to others. Personally I'm not as succesfull with my sports goals. I agree that cyclists and Marathon runners are usually light weight. So I assume that the 20kg is not one quarter but rather one thirth of your bodyweight.
About best athletes in the world I have my doubts. I would say that the best cyclists would be riding the tour the france, world cup, olimpic games. Same for runners the best distance runners run golden road race, golden league, olimpic games etc. I don't want to demotivate you, but rather chalange you. Can you keep up with cadel evens etc? As a non clyclist it's hard to judge the world level you claim, without participating in world wide events. About the food, I'm not sure if it's optimal, I would say a little one sided. You don't look unhealthy to me though. Would be good to get some analysis and see if everything is ok.
Hope you'll have loads off succes.
support this wonderfull organisation:
http://www.towerhillstables.com
runner

Postby ha » Thu May 06, 2010 10:59 am

Fjodo. The most sustainable diet is a vegan diet. I wish the world was a fruit tree paradise so all could be fed and nourished, but it isnt, so we just do the best we can. Eat the vegan foods that let you be the best example of veganism.

Talyn. Are you saying Im fat! jk. My weight flucuatues over the course of the year depend on what Im training for. If Im doing more 24hr stuff, Im super light, if its more boxing, running, Im a bit more.
Healthy athletes flucuate 10-15% over the year. Its when we try and stay 5% body fat all year round that health, overtraining and eating issues arise.

Benzilla. Most organic markets are a shocker. Go wholesale direct.

Runner.Check out my youtube clip I posted a page back on my recent blood tests. Ive qualified for 24hr solo worlds but never rocked up cos the flights and shipping a support crew to Canada for 10$k just to 'ride the worlds' aint worth it for me. I trained with Cadel and kept up fine. But thats training not racing! We would have to be pretty niave to think our sporting heroes dont have pharamcutical assistance. And Im not talking b12 injections or glucose drips! Pick up a cycling mag from 5-7 years ago and 9 out of 10 superstars have been busted. Valverde, Pantani, Beltran, Virenque, Moreau, Merihaeghe, Petachi, Boonen, Oneil, Zabel, Hondo, Riis, Mayo, Pellizoti, Ulrich, Vinokorov, Basso, Mancebo, Rasmussen, Millar, Rumsas, Botero...and thats just off the top of my head.

Ive spent a stint at the AIS and talked with some crew up top and doping is like eating breakfast. 'How you gonna keep the wife happy, the bills paid and the sponsors signing if you dont have a good doctors?' Ive raced in Belgium. Ive been in the dressing rooms. Ive talked with retired riders. I have eyes. Doesnt stop me from racing though. Sure clean riders dont win anything big, but Id rather ride clean for a long time, than dope and ride for a short time.

Socitey is ignorant to 2 main things.
1. That a healthy vegan diet saves our health, the animals and the planet.
2. That our mainstream sporting 'heroes' are junkees of the highest order. (Doesnt make em bad people, but its just a symptom of spectator sports that want world records smashed each year.

Dope em up, burn em out, catch em, ring in some, pay em, stick em, slap em, cheer em and watch em.
Last edited by ha on Thu May 06, 2010 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

ha

Postby Gelert » Thu May 06, 2010 11:06 am

ha, I'm so glad you've come round on the issue of B12. I hope you'll see the benefits soon.

But there's one crucial question you've evaded:

[quote="Fjodo"]How much do you shit?
Gelert

Postby ha » Thu May 06, 2010 11:17 am

How much do I shit? Well I dont have time to be dumping all day long and eating all day long so Ive hooked up a tube from hole to hole and I just recycle my food for a few days cos thats more eco.

Otherwise, its about 3 times a day. Usually first thing when I get up, after lunch and in the afternoon. Basically fruit meets Mr whippy is what we are talking bout here.

No I cant post any photos! 8)

b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

ha

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion