how i can eat up to 70 bananas in a day?

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby Johnboy74 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:40 pm

I've got complete respect for Ha and his films are interesting to watch, not sure a city boy like me could survive on that diet but power to him for doing it!
****** Vegan Atheist ******
Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.
Johnboy74

Postby Clem Snide » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:54 pm

[quote="Fallen_Horse"]So it's 'pick on Ha' day?

Hell if you can manage to survive (dare I say thrive) on that diet and that lifestyle, then good for you! I personally would cry without soy milk and Chipotle, but I suppose we all have our shortcomings eh?

I see no reason to applaud someone for having less fun than me.
Clem Snide

Postby Johnboy74 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:57 pm

[quote="Clem Snide"]I see no reason to applaud someone for having less fun than me.

That's a weird statement! How can you possibly say you have more fun that Ha?
****** Vegan Atheist ******
Most atheists see themselves as realists - their atheism is a part of their willingness to square up to the world as it is and face it without recourse to superstition or comforting fictions about a life to come or a benevolent power looking after us.
Johnboy74

Postby james79 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:01 pm

I find ha's lifestyle quite inspiring but I don't think there is anything special about a raw food diet. You will find that most elite marathon runners and cyclists will look like that. I was at the championship start at london yesterday - majority of people there are really gaunt. They get like that from the volume of training they do. Most runners I know love stodgy food. The top brit male finisher yesterday eats Indian takeaways 5 night a week :) .
Don't let your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins
james79

Postby Gelert » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:29 pm

Important health and safety point: are all the banana skins safely disposed of to prevent slips and trips?

It may be "working" for Ha, but is it working for pedestrians in his environment?
Gelert

Postby erske » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:39 pm

I like your posts qbout bananas ha, they cheer me up :D

Though, I think it's rather Ironic that the you tube comments are spammed by a paleo-diet-nut (pun intended) :wink:
Something irrelevant about cavemen
erske

Postby alessioisonfire » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:03 pm

well look at his skin and hair, they look amazing.
if he can keep up with the kind of diet, it's great. i think i'd get sick after eating 5 of those bananas in a day he he.
alessioisonfire

Postby ha » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:39 am

i used to have chronic acne. my brothers are older than me and still get it.

no aminos or essential fatty acids in fruit? ive got a pay pal account and would be willing to put a few grand on that claim.. :)

b12? all the doctors ive ever talked to agree that its produced in the human body. unless youve had surgery or eat such a high fat diet that absorption is an issues.

if humans didnt produce b12, then how do we explain why b12 serum levels increase in most patients that water fast?

if your eating crap and living in a city, then popping b12 pills will treat symptoms but personally im for treating the cause. anyone can go down to the supermarket and find b12 added to dog food, cat food, fish food, red bull, weet bix etc. they even give b12 injections to livestock to boost up the levels for consumer preferences and perceptions.

i dont eat garlic, chili, salt, oil, seaweed or a high fat raw diet. and since i tweaked it my low b12 levels jumped up to 'normal'. just like i got told they would by some doctor friends in my peer group.
Last edited by ha on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
raw vegan banana case that has cycled over 190 000km cycled as a vegan.

y - youtube.com/durianriders
f - facebook.com/durianrider
t - twitter.com/durianryder
b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

Drink up, carb up, sleep up... cos everyday is the day to live it up!
ha

Postby ha » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:40 am

i dont know any world class cyclists or runners that dont run on stimulants and refined sugar. all the household names use drugs. when its your job on the line, you do what it takes, thats the motto.

i enjoy staying light and lean all year round and get to eat what i want and feel great and not rely on stimulants to get out to training each morning or to function. its not a judgement of others but just highlights that when we take care of our health stimulants and hormones aint needed.

and sure we can take a wild salmon and pump it with hormones and it will out perform wild salmon in breeding etc. but we see all the immune system issues with the new salmon.

we live in a world where teenage kids are sold stimulant drinks with bright labels and sweet flavours. as adults we tell kids that fruit will give you a gut ache and its got too much sugar. starve em of carbs and give em a carb binge on their birthday or as a 'treat'.

fruit becomes something you buy to justify the junk that fills the rest of the trolley.

not many people have an understanding of human physiology and how the body adapts to training. as an athlete, i accept and understand this. we westerners live in a society where fat is in and fit is only if your pumped on roids and look like the grid iron player etc.

if you can see your abs and jaw line, you got cancer or aids. lol!

ive never been told by someone that i race with that im too thin. they always say 'look'n race fit harls!' . yet my overweight kind grandma and mother always freak out.. :)

having body confidence is vital in a world where people are ignorant to human physiology.

here is a vid of my girlfriend. she was infected by raw veganism before we hooked up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec8AFGdu_-s

b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

ha

Postby ha » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:45 am

in the raw world im known as durianrider. my name is harley johnstone. ha is just when the computer stuffed up and i dont know how to change my forum user name! lol!

here is a vid called 'banana rider' . he is taking the absolute piss out of me and he did very well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Zh3h_ttZc

b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

ha

Postby Travelgal08 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:59 pm

That banana rider vid was hilarious :D
Travelgal08

Postby Crash » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:03 pm

Dude - B12 is a bacteria and yes, it is found in your colon; however, it is not produced in your body. If you have increased your B12 levels it may be due to eating unwashed or naturally grown fruit/veggies.
[quote="ha"]b12? all the doctors ive ever talked to agree that its produced in the human body. unless youve had surgery or eat such a high fat diet that absorption is an issues.

Could you have misunderstood that B12 is in the human body (your colon), but is not produced by the human body?
[quote]Humans, as plant eaters, would naturally ingest B12-producing micro-organisms by eating unwashed and naturally grown fruits and vegetables. However, in the sanitised modern world where vegetables are sprayed, washed, sterilised, transported, stored etc, the poor little mites are all gone by the time we eat it. Therefore the lack of B12 is not caused by the plant-based diet, but rather, by modern methods of producing food.

Scientists have found that some herbivores don't need a continuous supply of B12 through their food. Instead, the B12 micro-organisms can become established as live colonies in their guts, where they produce B12 which the animal is able to assimilate to meet its needs.

It has not been categorically established, but it seems a reasonable hypothesis, that human beings originally also had this capacity. However, through thousands of years of meat-eating, our capacity to meet our B12 needs in this way has atrophied, leaving us with the need for a continuous external supply.

[quote="ha"]if humans didnt produce b12, then how do we explain why b12 serum levels increase in most patients that water fast?

Ask a question, get an answer. :D
[quote]A group of Finnish people living solely on fermented vegetable foods believed that vitamin B12 was produced by the fermentation processes. When their MMA levels were checked over a certain period they were found to be increasing, proving that normal methods of fermenting foods does not result in B12 production, but only its inactive analogues.

[quote]Vitamin B12 is contained within a group of chemicals called corrinoids which occur in foods. The corrinoids close to B12 are termed B12 analogues and may be active or inactive in the body. Some inactive B12 analogues can be active in bone marrow but not in nervous tissue, thus making a diagnosis of deficiency by the presenting symptoms difficult. Current chemical analysis is not able to assess whether the analogue is active or inactive. This can only be verified by feeding the food to a human and testing the resulting MMA level. Inactive analogues interfere with active forms, quickening the onset of symptoms in marginal cases.
[quote]Around 5mg of vitamin B12 is stored in the liver and in the absence of intake, stores can last between 5 months and 30 years (due to recycling of the vitamin) before deficiency symptoms become apparent.

Early deficiency symptoms include unusual fatigue, faulty digestion, no appetite, nausea, or loss of menstruation.

Later symptoms include any of the following:

numbness and tingling of the hands and feet,
nerve pains,
nervousness,
depression (from mild to psychotic),
striking behavioural changes,
paranoia,
abnormal or hyperactive reflexes,
abnormal coordination,
impaired short term memory,
confusion,
impaired gait,
spasticity,
impaired vision,
incontinence and frequent need to urinate,
weakness and loss of muscle strength,
inadequate melatonin metabolism leading to poorer sleep and daytime wakefulness,
diarrhoea,
fever,
frequent upper respiratory infections,
impotence,
infertility,
enlargement of the mucous membranes of the mouth, tongue, vagina, and stomach,
macrocytic (pernicious) anemia,
low platelet count and increased bleeding,
neutropenia (low neutrophils in the blood - part of the immune system)
impaired T-lymphocyte activity (part of the immune system)

Not all symptoms occur in all cases of deficiency. Additionally, since deficiency of B12 leads to elevated homocysteine levels, it contributes to its resulting varied pathology including arterial disease.
In a nutshell, your body contains B12 but does not produce active cultures. Inactive cultures interfere with active B12 cultures. I truly hope you have enough B12 in your system via your diet, but don't make statements that can lead to health issues for others.
Demolisher of faces and my enemies beards (no matter where they are located) since 2002.

www.PCRM.org
Click here to help homeless animals.

All truth goes through 3 stages - 1st it's ridiculed. Then it's violently opposed. Finally it's accepted as self-evident.
Crash

Postby calico » Wed May 06, 2009 12:31 am

Ha, I love your posts & all your positive energy. Don't ever stop! I especially love your love of bananas and your unsual bamboo bicycle.

How do you not get bored of bananas?
calico

Postby Konstantin » Wed May 06, 2009 9:48 am

Another vote for Ha enjoying his life choices and full marks for making a decision and Going For It. Love your posts, want more ryhmes in them, and love the mass banana consumption. I'm still going to supplement B12 and reckon all vegans should do this, and you're never going to convince me to go all the way to fruitiness dude.

I think you can get a moderator to change your Username, you just need to ask them.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby tal » Wed May 06, 2009 12:04 pm

He may not have enough b12, but he has more potassium than all of Kazakhstan.
tal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion