Whats your motivation?

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Whats your motivation?

Postby blueyy » Sat May 17, 2008 11:33 am

What gets you up in the morning? What is in your head when you train hard?

Why?
blueyy

Re: Whats your motivation?

Postby james79 » Sat May 17, 2008 2:32 pm

blueyy wrote:What gets you up in the morning? What is in your head when you train hard?

Why?

The alarm clock usually helps me get up :wink:

When I train hard there are demons in my head that tell me to stop and have a rest. I just have a word with them and tell them to go away.
Don't let your outrage for injustice end where your selfishness begins
james79

Postby cathbetty » Sat May 17, 2008 3:32 pm

I just make myself think of how good I'll feel for the rest of the day after I've finished my workout, that usually gets me going!
That said- I do try to listen to my body and if I'm feeling ill or overly tired I won't force myself to get early up to train.
cathbetty

Postby veggieprincess » Sat May 17, 2008 4:35 pm

When I wasn't a Vegan, my motivation to get in shape was completely ego driven...looking good in a bikini.... getting attention from the opposite sex.

Since being Vegan, my motivation is to carry on a powerful message that more of the world needs to here. How much being a Vegan helps the planet and saves animals... so if more people approach me to ask me how I stay fit, the more people I can expose to such a positive lifestyle.

And the more people I can help reach their ideal physique... the more those people can turn around and inspire others. Being a fit Vegan is one of the greatest gifts we can give the world and provide a source of inspiration ;)
veggieprincess

Postby ninearms » Sat May 17, 2008 7:01 pm

What motivates me to get up in the morning to train?

1) The same thing that motivates me the have my evening meal at 7.30pm after Hollyoaks: routine.

2) A small notebook that contains details of everything I need to do this week, and an Excel spreadsheet which tells me everything I need to do for the next 8 weeks, in order to suck slightly less at weightlifting: i.e. a plan.

3) The fact that I absolutely love training, and if it wasn't for those annoying things called responsibilities and the real world I'd probably do nothing all day except train, read about weightlifting, watch weightlifting videos, plan future training, prepare and eat food, and rest.

What's in my head when I train hard? Not a lot that isn't there when I'm not training hard, apart from "this is heavy!". It's pretty much just a question of seeing what I need to do next ("the plan"), and if I mess it up working out why I messed it up and either trying again or making notes for next time.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby JP » Sat May 17, 2008 7:47 pm

one thing to add is training partners. I dont want to let them down, so i will be there like a clockwork and never miss a session. How i feel and how the day has been is usually pretty secondary :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby Zack » Mon May 19, 2008 10:06 am

I need those 'ceps and abs to impress the females of course.
Zack

Postby Konstantin » Mon May 19, 2008 10:20 am

Not sure.

I feel better, and like Ninearms, I record stuff and this encourages me. Records, and PBs are motivators, and noting that I've done stuff, to me and others is a motivator. I am a geek, and motivate with maths. Last year I started annual targets, and this year am completing a target to run the length of Britain. I mark all runs I do against a map. This motivated me at times, now it isn't, but that';s because other targets have taken over the drive. Sometimes I love training and feel great. Other times I really don't want to, but force myself. Sometimes it still feels great after I've forced myself to train.

Being a good vegan is part of it. Last night I wore my Vegan Runners vest when I ran. I didn't want to be easing up when people were around.

If I delve into my psychology there's probably insecurities. At school I was seriously unfit, in the last 5% at everything from football and running to throwing and skill sports. An amount of piss was taken and it did affect my status. These days I'm thinking about middle age and realise there's downward pressure on my acheivements. I want to have my youthful abilities for as long as possible, or rather, forever.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby xrodolfox » Mon May 19, 2008 5:36 pm

My motivation to train hard is to shut my brain up.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby puppydog » Mon May 19, 2008 6:31 pm

this board motivates me.
that, and the fact that i neglected my body for many years in search of more hedonistic pleasures, so now I want to make up for that.
Arf! Arf! Grrrr! Arf!
puppydog

Postby XkillerX » Mon May 19, 2008 9:20 pm

i just want to out-bench that wanky old geezer who ran away from this forum.

what after i accomplish that? out squat him, of course! then what? out deadlift him, doh.

but he'll still be able to disown my ass in vale tudo, even after all that, eh? the day shalt come, and we shalt see...
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby ned » Tue May 20, 2008 9:13 am

At the moment, nowt.

Bit of a problem really.
ned

Postby Gamblor » Tue May 20, 2008 10:46 am

Going hard at training and walloping the crap out of focus pads or sparring partner (and of course trying to avoid a bettering in return)
Not being a slovenly fat Londoner when I finally get to live near some waves again :)
Gamblor

Return to General Discussion