Stopping in to say "Hello"

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Stopping in to say "Hello"

Postby beforewisdom » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:29 am

I haven't posted here in years.

Last time it was a bit of a ghost town, and I guess it still is.

I have many fond memories of good conversations, funny conversations, and educations conversations here back in the hay day.

A lot of educated people, a few scientists to boot. Refreshingly down to Earth, non-woo attitudes. Also European and British dominated, as an American I found that interesting as most people I came across on the Internet at the time were American.

I think people started getting children and houses and the board started clearing out.

Anyway, "Hello".
beforewisdom

Re: Stopping in to say "Hello"

Postby athlegan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:43 am

Hi there! Wow, I see that you joined 13 years ago, almost to the day. :)

Would be very cool to hear about how your training has changed over this time. How are you training today versus when you started out?
athlegan
Site Admin

Postby jamesndawson » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:11 am

I post my JND Running Blog now and then, but it seems kind of pointless after a while.
I'm thinking of starting a swimming blog, and maybe ask a few general discussion questions.
The problem with this forum for me, besides being so inactive, is that it's very hardcore about everything, it's for super zealous athletes. I run, and am trying to learn how to swim, mainly for reasons of mental and emotional health, not to achieve elite status. I get the impression that most members don't have much patience with somebody who isn't willing to give their all for their sport.
I just don't understand how this forum has been so completely abandoned and that there are no new members at all. Is it being promoted in any way? Are there similar forums that everybody who was on here have gone? I've seen some interesting and informative discussions on here, but a lot of the material is too detailed and over my head. I wonder if that's true of for others who come to look at it, and it intimidates them.
James
jamesndawson

Postby athlegan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:06 am

Hi James! Always nice to see your face pop up here. :)

I don't have the same experience with the elitism here. My impression is that there's a huge variety of athletes here, from complete beginners to high level competitors. And so many sports and disciplines too! Though if that's how you see it then others might too and we should work to make it more inclusive. Any suggestions?

As for the inactivity – yeah, not much going on in terms of promotion. :( My plan is still to pull VFnet in under Athlegan's wings and then work on making it a bigger and more active forum for all kinds of vegan fitness. But sadly I haven't had time this year, so I push that till next year. I still think this is too good to just let die though so I'm definitely still intent on giving it some needed CPR. ;)
athlegan
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion