Is this forum pretty much dead?

Anything not covered above probably belongs here!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Is this forum pretty much dead?

Postby jamesndawson » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:04 pm

If so, why? Any possible explanations? Has there been some kind of exodus?
James
jamesndawson

Re: Is this forum pretty much dead?

Postby athlegan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:56 am

It seems quite slow nowadays, yeah, but there are new members showing up every now and then still. The last couple of months I feel there's been an increasing amount of activity here.

I think VFnet still has a role to play, which is why I've shouldered its maintenance since last summer, and I have a lot of plans I'd like to realize for it the coming year.
athlegan
Site Admin

Postby Goob » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:39 pm

I don't remember there ever being a lot of active members. Maybe a dozen or so people who were very active kept everything moving along with others contributing less often and interacting with those core members. Some of those most active members changed careers that left them with less time sitting at the computer, others seemed to be getting out of school and starting careers which left them with less free time all together. That gave the less active members fewer reasons to come here and things went along that path for a while till most everyone left and now there is nobody to interact with new members. With such a niche subject, it's quite difficult to keep a forum going with genuinely interested people.
[quote="Mikhail Koklyaev"]Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Postby jamesndawson » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:53 am

One reason I liked this forum is that even though I'm not a hardcore or elite athlete or health "nut", I do like to run, stretch and other exercise, and I do like to keep healthy. This forum was one of the few that had much more science-based advice. Others I'm on, it's mainly faddism, and the attitude and advice one gets is kind of patronizing from a fad vegan nutrition point of view. Like right now I'm in the middle of a miserable cold, which is why I asked the honey question. I guess I'm looking for some quick fixes that really work. I usually do some Googling, but I'm often overwhelmed by the results.
James
jamesndawson

Return to General Discussion