Stuff to watch when in need of inspiration

For injury and health related discussion and support only. Please note that this is not a substitute for seeing a health care professional.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Need some inspiration ?

Postby prenna » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:36 pm

prenna

Stuff to watch when in need of inspiration

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:11 pm

When I am sick or injured my biggest problem is sadness and lack of drive. Others have also talked about experiencing similiar things so I thought it might be nice to have a thread of inspirational articles/videos specifically for injured/sick people

The idea here is not to just have a bunch of videos/articles about people doing amazing things but more specifically about people overcoming physical adversity and then continuing to make progress in their sport. If they are veg*n then even better!

I'll kick things off with Roy Taylor who overcame his wife's cancer (he temporarily left powerlifting to take care of her) and then his own cancer to post a World Record deadlift. Regardless of what you think of the unnecessary proliferation of powerlifting federations, that's still pretty darn impressive :)

http://www.leadertelegram.com/features/lifestyles/article_9a1c7a7b-db18-5ce4-8c7c-791c968121d3.html for the article

http://www.ocregister.com/video/v/67384172001/huntington-beach-morning for video
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Re: Stuff to watch when in need of inspiration

Postby beforewisdom » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Rent a copy of "The Worlds Fastest Indian"....based on a true story

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)
beforewisdom

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:36 pm

beforewisdom wrote:Rent a copy of "The Worlds Fastest Indian"....based on a true story

seconded. Great movie!
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Konstantin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:16 am

You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby ninearms » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:36 am

Konstantin wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W22lb9XT8p4&[/youtube]

Can't work out why I can't embed.
:cry:

Superfluous & sign at the end.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby Konstantin » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:55 am

Thanks Ninearms. Must be about the only thing I didn't try.
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby knackers » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:24 am

“Animals do have a voice. If you ignore their suffering, I will remind you of it. If you don't understand them, I will translate. If you don't hear them, I will be their voice. You may silence them but you cannot silence me as long as I live.” ~ Anita Mahdessian (C
knackers

Postby Lordmuppet » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby baldy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:18 pm

"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Lordmuppet » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:49 pm

baldy wrote:

just watched this like five times!
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby knackers » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:12 am

“Animals do have a voice. If you ignore their suffering, I will remind you of it. If you don't understand them, I will translate. If you don't hear them, I will be their voice. You may silence them but you cannot silence me as long as I live.” ~ Anita Mahdessian (C
knackers

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:43 am

don't know how i missed this before. Unless there are any objections I'm going to merge the thread with this one http://www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23527

or maybe i should retitle the other thread so it is more clearly about overcoming injury/other adversity

hmmm

edited to say: so i've watched a few here and i figure i'll just merge as most here are about overcoming adversity. Also would like to move the merged product to the injury forum unless anyone objects.

now merged
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby knackers » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:10 pm

knackers

Postby Lordmuppet » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Injury Prevention and Support Forum