Anyone familiar with Reiki?

Yoga, Pilates, Body Balance and variations, general stretching and flexibility discussion.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby piratemoon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:41 am

Crikey, this got a lot of response! Here's my tuppence-worth,

My friend is a reiki practitioner. She was training for her level 1 and she practiced on me. For me, it worked, and I'm fairly skeptical and cynical about things. Whether it is just having someone pay attention to you, knowing that someone cares enough to make you feel better, or whether the energies really do work I don't know. But there you go.

My hairdresser is also a holisitic healer/ reiki therapist, and she is being integrated into Birmingham Hospital Good Hope, along with the conventional therapies. I think that it often works for conditions of a more mental nature. I do think that we are beings with more aspects to us than the purely physical, and I think that we should be open to these things. Having said that, I also believe that you should be very careful in who you have to do these treatments for you, as there are some quacks out there. Then again, I've had experiences with conventional medical practitioners who didn't have a clue. It goes both ways, I think.
*Translating the stubbourness of fortune*
piratemoon

Postby sheilaxVx » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:16 am

I have endometreosis. which causes a lot of internal pain. prior to the medical field's discovery of my disease, I was getting desperate. I had been in pain for almost every day of a year. my boyfriend's mom does reiki, and offered to treat me. as a scientist and a skeptic I agreed. the experience itself is calming. and the mental ability to cope with the pain was renewed. I wouldn't say it fixed everything. but it was calming. post this experience, I had a laparascopy. this removed lesions and scar tissue. one of the most interesting parts was that during my reiki she asked if my left ovary hurt, as there was disturbance around it. it didn't. but during my surgery they removed a large band of scar tissue that had engulfed my left ovary. so I'm still skeptical, but the experience does lend itself to pain management.
sheilaxVx

Postby emm7 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:04 am

yes I have been attuned to Reiki 1 and Reiki 2.
Reiki has opened my eyes to a whole new world and brought a lot of massive changes and insights.
"she was my better half and I was just a dog"
"I don't have a drinking problem except when I can't get a drink"
"No, the moon ain't romantic, it's intimidating as hell
And some guy's trying to sell me a watch"
-- Tom Waits Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
emm7

Postby media_mute » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:42 pm

when in doubt, I use the Skeptic's Dictionary

http://www.skepdic.com/reiki.html
media_mute

Re: Anyone familiar with Reiki?

Postby BlueRose » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:44 pm

[quote="Holli"]hello... i really want to learn more... maybe chat with some people with experience.

Coming in late, but am a Reiki Master in more than one trad of Reiki (Usui and Kundalini). What would you like to know?
BlueRose

Postby emm7 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:50 pm

I would like to know whether being attuned to Reiki master symbol produces big and potentially scary changes in your life at an accelerated rate as this is what I have heard?
"she was my better half and I was just a dog"
"I don't have a drinking problem except when I can't get a drink"
"No, the moon ain't romantic, it's intimidating as hell
And some guy's trying to sell me a watch"
-- Tom Waits Bad Liver and a Broken Heart
emm7

Postby BlueRose » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:52 pm

[quote="emm7"]I would like to know whether being attuned to Reiki master symbol produces big and potentially scary changes in your life at an accelerated rate as this is what I have heard?

Yes, but I wouldn't call it "scary". Of course what constitutes as scary is in the eye of the beholder. :)
BlueRose

Postby ruby_pyro » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:26 pm

As far as I know Reiki is incredibly relaxing, my mother does it .. well what she calls it the theraputic touch. Which is amazing she has done some wonderful things. When I have it done I feel a lot of lighter emotionally.
If it goes wrong... just laugh.
ruby_pyro

Previous

Return to Yoga, Pilates, Body Balance Forum