How to burn more fat?

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

How to burn more fat?

Postby mariale » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:45 am

Hi everyone,
I've been training for 1 year or so and it's been very good, I've gained strength in my legs and arms, It feels amazing.
However, I would love to burn fat from my arms and also lose belly fat. The final goal would be to get abs. I've been searching for exercises on the internet, but I'm not sure what I should actually try and for how long. I would like some advice on what I should focus on, how many repetitions, what are the most effective exercises and so on.
I'd highly appreciate your insight
Cheers!
mariale

Re: How to burn more fat?

Postby Goob » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Fat loss happens in the kitchen. Anyone who say's different is a liar or an idiot. You burn fat by cutting calories. Try to lose no more than 1% of your body weight per week, keep up adequate protein consumption, and keep doing weight bearing exercise to maintain as much muscle as possible while doing so. There is no secret and no quick fix.
[quote="Mikhail Koklyaev"]Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Re: How to burn more fat?

Postby athlegan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:40 am

What he said. :)

I'd recommend using a fitness app (like Lifesum or MyFitnessPal) to keep track of your intake. Not only will it help you lose weight in a healthy rate but it'll also teach you a lot about what you put into your mouth.

As for the rate of fat loss, Greg Nuckols recently published a great article on that subject. Basically, you can't lose more than 10 kcal per kilo body fat (25 kcal per pound) and so you any weight you lose beyond that will be undesired loss.
athlegan
Site Admin

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness