Winter Olympics

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Winter Olympics

Postby baldy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:43 pm

It's on TV, I know nothing about winter sports but want to watch it :)
What are the cool events?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Re: Winter Olympics

Postby JP » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:53 pm

personally i like most of them.

Russias state elite fucking sucks in terms of human rights in caucasus and across the board, but boycotting on tv has little point i guess :)

the ones i like the most are ski jump, and is it biathlon in english, skiing and shooting? i like the cross country skiing events too.

ice hockey is decent too.

sled can be kind of cool but dont think its very spectator friendly, they all go fucking fast and thats it.
JP
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:10 am

Turns out what I was watching yesterday was the world cup or something on BBC, not the Olympics yet. Slalom skiing, no idea how it works, but looks crazy.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby xJimx » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:17 pm

ICE HOCKEY

ICE HOCKEY

ICE HOCKEY

Did mention ice hockey? Could be the last time we see the NHL/KHL guys in the olympics & the Ruskies will be going all out for the home ice win so should be epic - forget the world championships, this is the only title that matters in international hockey. Hard to get excited about the women's hockey bar the final (almost inevitably an all North Amercian affair) as there's not enough competition.
DYEL
xJimx

Postby JP » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:56 am

aye, that should be awesome!

Will be hoping to catch womens swedish ice hockey team games though, my cousin is playing! Though i think as the second goalie, so she might not get live action though plenty of work in practises and behind the scenes.
JP
Site Admin

Postby otso » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Cross-country skiing (also w rifle shooting). The day when there's triathlon in winter Olympics, that'll be the day with capital D.
I consider down-hill skiing/snowboard as much of a sport as curling or bowling. Sure, it's fun to ski-/tumble down-hill as much as it is to roll down some pins, alas no sport I pay much attention too.

I won't follow the Olympics in Sotji, too much decadence for my taste.
otso

Postby JP » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:21 pm

loving it at the moment! I wish i had more time to watch it, but i keep it on in the background when im working.
JP
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:37 pm

Just watched the highlights of day one, some crazy events. Did not really understand the skiing biathlon where they swopped ski's half way around?
Hard to get to grips with the moguls, its a race and you get points for the tricks, why is it so complicated?
baldy
Site Admin

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness