Twitter USA swimming article on vegan nutrition

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Twitter USA swimming article on vegan nutrition

Postby Lordmuppet » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:35 pm

In my travels on twitter for VF/GVA I came across an article Vegan Swimming have done on vegan nutrition.

"If you're a vegan athlete, check out these helpful nutrition tips - http://bit.ly/YmSN8K"

Not sure what to think/how to react exactly. Great that such a mainstream place is posting an article that isn't straightforwardly anti-vegan but then read it in full and had reservations about some of the claims (e.g. the vitamin d thing). edited to add: because as i understand it vitamin d is an issue for everyone not just vegans

Will probably bounce it along toJack Norris' twitter.

Anyway thoughts?

if you'd like to reply to them the tweet is here https://twitter.com/USA_Swimming/status/304269794671206400
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Re: Twitter USA swimming article on vegan nutrition

Postby xrodolfox » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:40 pm

I remember when that came out. My biggest qualm was with the last line: a vegan diet requires a lot of planning.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Re: Twitter USA swimming article on vegan nutrition

Postby Lordmuppet » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:08 pm

oh okay didn't realise it was an old article. Yeah the planning thing is one of those things people say I think because it's vagueness makes it harder to disprove than more specific claims.

So yeah like i said i have reservations too but on the whole i'd say the article's existence is a good thing
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness