five finger shoes

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

five finger shoes

Postby cane_vegan » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Do you know this shoes? There are for many sport (running, bicycling, watersports, trekking, and other..) did you prove? i want to buy and you for my training.. :)
..after 10, 000 years of telling lies, dedicated to spreading the truth, taking pride in this path that we tread, in defense of the earth, speaking out so the words of the voiceless can finally be heard..
cane_vegan

Re: five finger shoes

Postby xrodolfox » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:51 pm

I've had five finger shoes for years now.
They really aren't good for everything, and for some things, they are downright terrible.

However, they are incredibly comfortable and very nice to do some running in, and very nice for walking around in, and for beach, and surfing, and places where something amphibious is needed... and very nice for (my) general foot health.

The things they're bad at is anything that they are very cold. They get wet very easily with even a tiny bit of moisture on the ground. They look awfully strange when doing anything serious or when you want people to pay attention to what you say or do rather than what's on your feet.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby Prime » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:06 am

I like running in Five Fingers, but if you're going to try it, take it really slow. Short, gentle runs to get your feet and legs used to it. Don't run to far too soon. They feel great to run in. Very natural, light feeling. I find them good to wear at the gym too. They give you good connection to the ground for squats, deadlifts, etc.
Prime

Postby XkillerX » Sun May 19, 2013 9:00 pm

[quote="xrodolfox"]I've had five finger shoes for years now.
They really aren't good for everything, and for some things, they are downright terrible.

However, they are incredibly comfortable and very nice to do some running in, and very nice for walking around in, and for beach, and surfing, and places where something amphibious is needed... and very nice for (my) general foot health.

The things they're bad at is anything that they are very cold. They get wet very easily with even a tiny bit of moisture on the ground. They look awfully strange when doing anything serious or when you want people to pay attention to what you say or do rather than what's on your feet.

+1
Activists are the engineers of the soul. That's why governments lock them up.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby Koa » Mon May 20, 2013 2:29 am

The fabric on top broke easily on my KSOs (when running in the woods; twigs, roots etc), so I gave up on them after the second pair. Now using the Trail Gloves.

I'd like to try the Spyridons though.
Squat - 170kg
DL - 200kg
BP - 110kg
OHP - 75kg

"How can you run when you know" -Neil Young
Koa

Postby the crazyest vegan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:34 am

Got a pair of the KMD's. Absolutely amazing for all olympic lifts. I have never liked running and running in these without taking it slow results in agonising lower calf pain!
Depends what you want them for though. But I highly recommend them!
Let's plunge ourselves into the roar of time, the whirl of accident, may pain and pleasure, success and failure, shift as they will - for it is only action that can make a man.
the crazyest vegan

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness