Tornado ball (medicine ball on a rope)

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Tornado ball (medicine ball on a rope)

Postby muchluv » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Has anyone got, or used one of these? If so, can you tell me what they are like? Specifically, I would like to know if you are doing overhead spins with them, to work the core, how intense is it?

Thanks!
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Re: Tornado ball (medicine ball on a rope)

Postby Lordmuppet » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:11 pm

[quote="muchluv"]Has anyone got, or used one of these? If so, can you tell me what they are like? Specifically, I would like to know if you are doing overhead spins with them, to work the core, how intense is it?

Thanks!

http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157

scroll down to tornado ball
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby muchluv » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks for that, Lordmuppet. I have seen that page before. Specifically though, I'd like to know how good a core workout it is, is it the type of thing you could do for ages for endurance or is it more intense and enough to really wear the core out.
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby muchluv » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:41 pm

bought one
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby JP » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:44 pm

i have tried it, just as a wall ball type of thing, back against the wall, facing away, going banjo with it from side to side, it was awesome fun :D

where did you buy yours from?
JP
Site Admin

Postby muchluv » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:18 pm

I got mine from Savage Strength, although it came in Jordan Fitness packaging, which is the make of the ball. It feels very good quality but haven't tested it out hitting things with it yet.

I mainly bought it for doing overhead rotations with. I want to try out the wall thing but need to find a good wall first! The thing weighs 4kg, I bet over time it could damage the wall.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby JP » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:12 pm

we have these in our shop (www.strengthshop.de) now, well have had them for a while, and havent had a chance to try one before now. It was good fun :)
JP
Site Admin

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness