Advice on what race to do.

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Advice on what race to do.

Postby xrodolfox » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm considering doing the Motor City Triathlon, but I haven't asked my wife yet.

http://www.3disciplines.com/events/june ... triathlons

I have an extremely limited budget for racing this year. I'll only be able to do 3 or so races this year.
This one is less than ideal, but I am still considering it because it is on Belle Isle in Detroit, and that's so close to my work, and I've trained there a bit this year. In fact, I'll be there in a hour or two trying the course again.

That's that part that's awesome.

This is the part that's less than ideal:

I love the Olympic, except I cannot do a full 10k run with any sort of respect right now. I'm just not that strong for that long of a run, even if it is flat.

However, the swim is too darn short in the sprint. The bike is a tiny bit short for me, and the run is perfect. But I need a longer swim. I'll only get a tiny lead off of 500yd swim. That's part of the reason I do these things; the swim. Otherwise, I'd just do a bike-run thing.

Should I hold out for a better race? I am feeling pretty fast this year, so I want to finally win the whole race, not just my AG. This race doesn't play to my strengths.
For example: should I do the Olympic and just totally bonk on the run? Or do a sprint and get a tiny lead at the short swim and get caught by folks who don't swim well?

I'm leaning towards not doing this race and waiting for a better race, or doing the Oly and letting myself fall apart, just to push myself.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness