URGENT: Need vegan sweat free futbol/soccer cleats!

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby xrodolfox » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:35 am

Link to purchase the item is a big plus.

Please help!

Bonus if union-made. No Nike or Adidas please. Of course, if they have great ball feel and soft touch and light weight and low profile, even better.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Re: URGENT: Need vegan sweat free futbol/soccer cleats!

Postby xrodolfox » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:11 pm

bump
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby Talyn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:16 pm

How urgent is urgent?

I think vegetarian shoes (UK based) used to do them, but when I searched on their website they don't seem to have any.

I can email them and check if you like - they might be able to custom make some?
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby Lordmuppet » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:25 pm

edited to remove comment about nike which was rather ill informed

Looked at the pair I got a few years ago and they are Nikes. Shame, as they otherwise fit your profile.

Always nice to be able to get union made vegan stuff though :)
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Lordmuppet » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:35 pm

okay maybe have a look at some of Mitre's products

This one is rather ugly but appears to be non leather (check details of course).

http://www.mitre.com/products/football/footwear/vandis.html

They have an ethical promise page that you can check out if you like http://www.mitre.com/ethical-promise.html

edited to say: back in the day at least Mitre were a big brand and made all the balls for the English Premier League
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby xrodolfox » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:42 pm

This is "urgent" in the sense that a friend is doing a contest. He wants sweat-free cleats. He's asked a few friends who do union work that if they can find cleats that they'd wear, then he'd be willing to buy them a gift pair along with his own.

So... I could find nothing. But if I do this quickly, and well, I *might* get a pair of cleats out of this. But if this is slow, then someone else will walk away with a new pair.

So far, I'm being led by a 6-year old report by Oxfam: http://www.oxfam.org/en/policy/offside_ ... rt_summary

The Nike thing is because I know that that I frankly couldn't wear Nike, and this friend couldn't wear Nike nor Adidas. Frankly, even though I'd wear Puma, they're the same in terms of sweat-free status.

It's difficult.

I'm interested in the Mitre's, though. That's a suggestion I hadn't explored! Thanks Lordmuppet!
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby xrodolfox » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:09 pm

The Mitre looks fine.
I found this: http://www.aperfectdealer.com/cgi-local ... 82ffa7b8a7

But it's not in my size. :(
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby vCLaW » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Veganline have some football boots, made in China. http://veganline.com/football.htm
vCLaW

Postby xrodolfox » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:59 pm

You don't know if they're sweat-free, do you?
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby Lordmuppet » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:21 am

so did you find a pair in the end?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby xrodolfox » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:46 am

nope
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness