Natural fitness / evolutionary fitness

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Natural fitness / evolutionary fitness

Postby 7bluewren » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:57 am

I'm looking for info! Was just wondering if anyone knows anything about natural or evolutionary fitness. It may have other names, I'm not sure. I like the definitions of it here: http://tengeri.com.au/home/natural-fitness/ and here http://movnat.com/about-movnat/what-is-movnat-2/. I kind of find the idea of gyms and a lot of conventional exercise bit unnatural/sterile and I'm looking into alternatives. What are your thoughts on this type of exercise and do you know of any online, preferably free resources I could look at, or any books I could buy/borrow on the subject?
Cheers
7bluewren

Re: Natural fitness / evolutionary fitness

Postby Herbsman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:10 am

May I refer you to Jeremy, of Peep Show:

"I don't need to pay money to join a gym. The world is my gym. The hills, the trees, the rivers - they are my gym."

That's all you need to know.
Herbsman

Postby 7bluewren » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:34 pm

thanks Herbsman! that is a good idea... I think its right in that a lot of the evolutionary fitness is about just going outside and playing and enjoying nature... prob is I live in an urban environment, though there are some parks and stuff, I probably want something I can do in an urban setting... I've never seen this peepshow because I'm in Australia and don't have channel 4.
7bluewren

Postby 7bluewren » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:29 pm

ok if anyone else is interested I am finding this site helpful. I'm thinking seriously about buying to wild movement guide, pretty reasonably priced http://www.wildmovement.com

I've found the advocates of this exercise advise a paleo diet :? So I emailed the guy and asked about vegan alternatives. I eat pretty high raw and have pretty much cut out flour and sugar. Which are also no nos on the paleo diet. I know raw veganism is out there, I eat pretty high raw, but the thing is I am not really anti-cooked food. But I do not eat much grains and I just try to eat foods as close to their natural state as possible. So a lot of raw vegan recipes work for me. If something is lightly steamed then I'm ok with that that, but I actually prefer tasty salads to steamed veg so I eat raw out of preference a lot of the time. I try to avoid browning things. And I love fruit. Sugar is nothing compared to fruit. but anyway, this post is not meant to be about diet and I'm waffling...
7bluewren

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness