Running shoes Brooks

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Running shoes Brooks

Postby Lutrinae » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Hello there :)

Has anyone heard about/tried running shoes from Brooks "Green Silence"?

http://www.brooksrunning.com/green-green-silence/green_silence,default,pg.html

Not only they are vegan but also made almost entirely with recyclable stuff :)

I found quit a nice review here http://www.nomeatathlete.com/green-silence-review/, and the price isn't more expensive than other brands!
Ce n'est pas parce que tu sais parler que tu es forcément intelligent
Lutrinae

Re: Running shoes Brooks

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:03 am

I have a couple of pairs. If you do not have any stability issues they might be ok for you. They've got pretty much zero stability control in them and have a bit of a low heel rise. I can only do shortish runs in mine or I start to get a bit of grief from my ITB for that reason - but i generally have to be pretty careful about my shoe choice. Many people can run quite happily in them. I quite like mine just to wear when not running. :) What do you normally run in?

You might want to post this in the running forum, there may be a few others there. I think Ha might have posted some comments about them a year or two ago too.

Lutrinae wrote:Hello there :)

Has anyone heard about/tried running shoes from Brooks "Green Silence"?

http://www.brooksrunning.com/green-green-silence/green_silence,default,pg.html

Not only they are vegan but also made almost entirely with recyclable stuff :)

I found quit a nice review here http://www.nomeatathlete.com/green-silence-review/, and the price isn't more expensive than other brands!
Mr. Cleetus

Postby Hiking Fox » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:48 pm

I have a pair and they're the best running shoes I've ever had. No stupid, arch-destroying, heel-first cushioning, yet they protect your feet from pavements.

Highly recommended.
Hiking Fox

Postby Lutrinae » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Mr. Cleetus wrote: What do you normally run in?

I ran with some Asics running shoes and lately a no-brand pair that I found in Intersport but I'm not really satisfied :)
Ce n'est pas parce que tu sais parler que tu es forcément intelligent
Lutrinae

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:21 pm

hmmm, I think the only way to know is to give them a try. If you havent specifically gone for a structured shoe in the past, chances are you will be happy with them. Not everyone can handle a minimalist shoe, but these are not really a minimalist shoe, just a slightly low heal rise non-structured kinda light-weight shoe :P It might pay to start out with some shorter runs in them in case they are rather different from your current shoes - if you are only doing short runs, you may never even notice!
Mr. Cleetus

Postby mouche » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:41 pm

Mr. Cleetus wrote:Not everyone can handle a minimalist shoe, but these are not really a minimalist shoe, just a slightly low heal rise non-structured kinda light-weight shoe :P

I work in a running shop and we sell these. Fantastic shoe but I wouldn't sell it as anything other than a racing flat. It's not a barefoot/minimalist shoe and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't used to racing flats for any sort of heavy mileage. Keep it for your tempo runs and race day.

If you want a lightweight shoe or a racing flat and need medial stability ("arch support" if you like) check out the Brooks Racer ST 5. My colleague overpronates heavily and adores these - ran a 5k PB the first time he tried them :) And all Brooks shoes are vegan and they have a great environmental ethic.
mouche

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness