NHL-pro Georges Laraque turns vegan

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby erske » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:05 pm

[quote="fredrikw"]whoa, that's pretty cool even for me who's totally not interested in hockey! :)

What about if you're totally not interested in hockey, but really dislike AIK, where does that leave me! :wink:
Something irrelevant about cavemen
erske

Postby fredrikw » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 pm

I have never understood that negative supporter thing, too much nationalistic vibes to feel ok to me... My advice to anyone who really dislikes an organisational entity like a sports team is to get over themselves or get help ;) But I guess this is the wrong thread to say something like this :lol:

Also, you know you're going to lose all vegan street cred if you go around back talking the only team in the elite series that have a badass vegan playing for them :)
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby erske » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:53 pm

[quote="fredrikw"]Also, you know you're going to lose all vegan street cred if you go around back talking the only team in the elite series that have a badass vegan playing for them :)

Yes this is exactly what I meant, I might even have to start liking them,, :wink:

[quote="fredrikw"] My advice to anyone who really dislikes an organisational entity like a sports team is to get over themselves or get help ;)

:shock: Viewing sports team as just organizational entities is just plain wrong fredrik! Just wrong! :wink: I fear you'll never realize the joy of spectator sports..

[quote="fredrikw"]I have never understood that negative supporter thing, too much nationalistic vibes to feel ok to me...

But agreed, I don't really dislike AIK, I just wanted too stir up some trouble :wink:
Something irrelevant about cavemen
erske

Postby fredrikw » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:27 pm

[quote="erske"]:shock: Viewing sports team as just organizational entities is just plain wrong fredrik! Just wrong! :wink:

ok, I was wrong, they're more like profit driven companies.

[quote]I fear you'll never realize the joy of spectator sports..

that's also true :)
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby JP » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:43 pm

[quote="fredrikw"] My advice to anyone who really dislikes an organisational entity like a sports team is to get over themselves or get help ;) But I guess this is the wrong thread to say something like this :lol:

or a wrong website!
JP
Site Admin

Postby fredrikw » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:54 pm

[quote="JP"][quote="fredrikw"] My advice to anyone who really dislikes an organisational entity like a sports team is to get over themselves or get help ;) But I guess this is the wrong thread to say something like this :lol:

or a wrong website!

yeah, I should really be banned.
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Jukka » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 pm

SO, could not find any information about the current status; is Georges in Sweden and is he playing for AIK? Or what?
Jukka

Postby fredrikw » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:43 pm

[quote="Jukka"]SO, could not find any information about the current status; is Georges in Sweden and is he playing for AIK? Or what?

NHL apparently said no:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/h ... 6503667.ab
fredrikw
Site Admin

Re: NHL-pro Georges Laraque turns vegan

Postby JP » Sun May 23, 2010 8:05 am

Laraque has a grappling match agains GSP - dont know the full history but some kind of smack talk has been taking place before this :D

GSP is one of the worlds best, so the outcome was never in question, but still interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gidyqnBSkXI
JP
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness