What's the well dressed Vegan wearing in the gym/for fitness

All other sports and activities not mentioned above!

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby thestoatyone » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Sounds interesting, and it's one of the fastest growing plants around. I know this as my mate has some that's undermining his house :?

Will keep an eye out for it...
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

[quote="muchluv"]When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby fredrikw » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:43 pm

cotton is one of the worst fabrics to have in training clothes, so I think we can leave that to the side :)

I actually have bamboo in one of my cycling gloves, some part of the glove apparenty have bamboo in it 8)

I've seen bamboo t-shirts, it's a very soft material, was kind of weird wearing it because it was so thin it almost gave a see through effect because every single contour and silhuette became very obvious. I felt a bit too self conscious at the time so I didn't buy it :?
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Influencer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:01 pm

Don't wanna sound like the 'defender of bamboo ' sales representative! :lol:
But there are differant grades. The ones I have are not see through.
Influencer

Postby fredrikw » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:09 pm

yeah, my gloves aren't see through either :)
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby stateofflux » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:38 am

I have some bamboo items for training, it stands up well especially as underwear but it's not supportive at all.

I never ever ever wear cotton, for intense cardio activities it's pointless and you end up stinky and soggy.

For me it's tech synthetics all the way. I'll admit to being a groupie to certain brands because the fabrics and cuts are awesome - Stella McCartney for Adidas is my favourite, Lululemon from Canada is hyped to hell but all my Lulu gear had stood up to constant sweat and abuse for years now and I love their attention to detail. Nordic brands like Rohnsich, Casall, PureLime and Peak Performance are also stylish and resilient and have found their way into my wardrobe. I spend way too much on sports gear :oops: Gone are the days when I would but Umbro soccer shorts from the teenage boys section of a sports shop because that's all there was.
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby KaliBaby » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:09 am

for lifting I usually just throw on an old soccer t-shirt and pair of shorts that hit just above my knees. for running, depending on the weather, relatively the same deal. I try to wear really loose clothing for yoga because I sweat so much. If I don't wear a baggy t-shirt, I wear a tank top of some sort. now that I think about it, my fitness attire is really unflattering! :oops:
Live by the sea. Love by the moon.
KaliBaby

Postby thestoatyone » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:53 am

The gym ain't a beauty contest hun, I'm more likely to respect people who turn up to trainand don't care what they wear than people who put more effort into dressing than working out!

Having said that, I am quite jealous of fluxes selection of tech gear :oops: must go shopping when I've got a bit of cash....
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

[quote="muchluv"]When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby JuicyJ » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:49 pm

I got a hemp T-shirt at the Animal Rights conference that says :

FUCK
SPECIES
ISM!

so cool :D

Juicy
JuicyJ

Postby XkillerX » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:18 pm

[quote="puppydog"]more brand-name athletic gear than i care to admit
but lots of my training is at home where i am often in the ubiquitous wife-beater

The wifebeater rules!!!! Just can't fsck with it!!!

Activists are the engineers of the soul. That's why governments lock them up.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby KaliBaby » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:47 pm

I caved and bought some semi-attractive activewear: a couple of new sports bras (because my other ones are wayyy too old), two really comfortable sweat wicking tanks, a pair of booty shorts and a pair of yoga capris. now I can go to the gym and yoga class in style! :wink:
Live by the sea. Love by the moon.
KaliBaby

Postby veganjkd » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:03 pm

I weight train at home with a cheap ass bar bell/dumbbell set. i wear my mma fight shirts and any old t shirt.

On the rare occasion i go t the gym down the road to make use off the weight machines there i wear the same shorts and an A.L.F shirt or VBB shirt or vegan shirt. I am rocking new balance on my feets!

same outfit when road running.

Jeet kune do/kali/silat.. same shorts and association shirt.new balance

Gracie barra kimono/gi for bjj.
"Resistance to the organised mass can be effected only by the man who is as well organised as the mass itself"

C.G.Jung
veganjkd

Postby xrodolfox » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:46 am

TYR mesh training suit

TYR Socket Rocket Goggles
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby stateofflux » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:05 am

[quote="xrodolfox"]TYR mesh training suit

Nice shorts. Are those the best goggles around in your opinion? I've never been able to find ones that aren't leaky, and I really like swimming underwater so it's quite irritating.
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby xrodolfox » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:59 am

[quote=".flux"][quote="xrodolfox"]TYR mesh training suit

Nice shorts. Are those the best goggles around in your opinion? I've never been able to find ones that aren't leaky, and I really like swimming underwater so it's quite irritating.

I've been racing since I was a kid, so those gasket-less goggles are my favorite. No leaking, cheap, and very low profile. Those TYR are my favorite of all current goggles made.

HOWEVER, gasket-less apparently don't wear well on beginners. I'm not really sure why. However, most of my swimmers that are just starting out or never swam competitively as a kid can't seem to keep water out of these. For some reason, all the folks who swam in college, and those who swam competitively through HS seem to wear these type of gasket-less goggles very well.

There is no real way to know unless you try.

For most beginners, goggles with a wide profile and silicone gasket works best. After that point, it is a matter of making them tight enough. Gasket-less goggles leave a small mark, but those that are wide profile should really leave a deep mark if they are to stay completely sealed.

These Speedo Vanquisher are a good pair of the silicone gasket with a wide profile (fitting along the bone ridges of the face):
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Re: What's the well dressed Vegan wearing in the gym/for fit

Postby Lutrinae » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:43 am

Does anyone knows about Taygra shoes? It's a brand from brasil and they said you can use them for any kind of sport, so I'm a bit sceptical but maybe someone always tried them?

According to the website they are perfect for vegan and ethical, plus the prices are same or less expensive than other fitness brand so it looks really interesting.
Ce n'est pas parce que tu sais parler que tu es forcément intelligent
Lutrinae

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports and General Fitness