Bad shoulder...and wrist

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Bad shoulder...and wrist

Postby Vege-Dan » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:16 pm

Back in May of '04 I pulled a muscle of some sort in my right shoulder doing bent over rows (I think that's the right name) and it is still quite painful when I lift anything very heavy with my right arm. A few months ago I sprained my right wrist and it is still painful if I have to use it to lift anything heavy (other activities requiring the right wrist seem to be ok though...:roll: )
I really need to start weight lifting again and these injuries are stopping that from happening (obviously).
So is it worth going to the doctor do you reckon, or is it just a painfully slow process waiting for these things to heal?
Cheers!
Red flash clouds choking out the morning sky
They said it'd never come, we knew it was a lie
All forms of life die now the humans all succumb
Time to kiss your ass goodbye, the end has just begun!
Vege-Dan

Postby V VII Hero » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:56 pm

lots and lots of rest.

i recommend seeing a doctor if its been months.
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby tylerm » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:25 am

If it has been such a long time and you haven't been lifting weights still, I would definately have it checked out by a doctor. At least that is what I would do in your position, and I am not one to readily go to the doctor.
tylerm

Postby ultra_whippet » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:45 pm

If it's taking that long to heal I'd make an appointment with a physio, most doctors will probably just tell you to rest it, which is what you're doing anyway....
ultra_whippet

Postby scenthound » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:59 pm

Pulled muscles don't last long. Sounds like tendonitus. Probably a rotator cuff in the shoulder.
RUN for your life
scenthound

Postby Jonathan » Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:23 pm

i had/still have minor tendonitus in my right shoulder. it has mostly gone now, but i have had it for over a year. it does take ages and ages to heal unless you totally rest it, but being the training nut that i am, i havent done that. now i just occasionally feel it.

jonathan
[quote="Kathryn"]You're getting a hedge trimmer, I want a bubble machine. I need it for my job
Jonathan

Postby Vege-Dan » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:08 pm

OK, thank you all for the useful advice, it sounds like it must be tendonitis then - i'll book an appointment with the doc on monday. I am in the gardening business (in training) at the moment which is a pain (no pun intended) as it involves a lot of physical work - plenty of lifting involved. :? Cest la vie I suppose!
I was searching google for more info in tendonitis and came across a homeopathic medicine called Ruta graveolens which is claimed to be useful in the treatment of tendonitis. Has anybody here used this? I might invest in it to help the healing along a bit.
Red flash clouds choking out the morning sky
They said it'd never come, we knew it was a lie
All forms of life die now the humans all succumb
Time to kiss your ass goodbye, the end has just begun!
Vege-Dan

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights