New approach

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby Dave Noisy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:45 am

Thanks Tyler!

I'm concurrently working on my tri's as well, OH extensions, BO extensions, and cable extensions when i'm at the gym.

There's already some decent improvement, and it's a nice break to stop work and do 10 pushups. =)
[quote="fredrikw"]yeah yeah, you just want to hear me saying you were right, right?

Image "Live life like you're gonna die...because you are." - William Shatner, You'll Have Time/ Has Been
Dave Noisy

Postby tylerm » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:58 pm

I used to do cable pulldowns for tris, and got a bit of strength but nothing great. Probably because I didn't already have much of anything there, so it took awhile to build up. Doing bench dips definately helped, when I started I couldn't do any full bodyweight dips, and after doing bench dips and sets of 30 pushups a few times a week, I was able to do a few sets of 6 dips the first time I tried again, which was only a few weeks ago. And they are going up in number each week. I like them because they seem like a real world type strength, they are a compound movement and don't just isolate the triceps.
tylerm

Postby Jonathan » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:01 pm

i dont know whether this is helpful at all, but i found that i could do alot more pushups when i could only bench about 60kg. ive nearly stopped doing pushups, and my bench has gone right up.
i believe that this is because push ups are high rep, endurance stuff, not really strength.
besides, i hate press ups and the above is just an excuse not to do them!!!!

jonathan
[quote="Kathryn"]You're getting a hedge trimmer, I want a bubble machine. I need it for my job
Jonathan

Postby Dave Noisy » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:04 am

tyler - oddly, i find bench-ups easier than other tri excercises..i'll toss some in tho, what's a few more sets. ;)

jonathan - i'm not building for power, and my tri's are practically useless for my sport (cycling), so i'd be happy with enduring triceps...hehe
[quote="fredrikw"]yeah yeah, you just want to hear me saying you were right, right?

Image "Live life like you're gonna die...because you are." - William Shatner, You'll Have Time/ Has Been
Dave Noisy

Previous

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights