Bicep curls and Symmetry (disco disco baby)

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Bicep curls and Symmetry (disco disco baby)

Postby Lordmuppet » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Been meaning to ask this for ages but keep forgetting

So I usually try to balance out stuff that I do (e.g. balance out bench with barbell rows, OHP with pull ups etc) but have been wondering ...

Do i need to balance out chin ups (aka supinated grip pull ups) and bicep curls (currently not doing these) with something else and if so what?

thanks!

edited to add: tricep extensions?
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Re: Bicep curls and Symmetry (disco disco baby)

Postby Mellos » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:57 pm

If you pretty much train your entire body you will hardly have to balance anything out. To actually get any problems (with health) you would have to absolutely neglect a bodypart entirely while training the antagonists a hell lot. In other words: don't bother.

But since curls hit the biceps, to "balance it out" you would have to train your triceps. And for a pull down movement (like chin ups) you would have to push something upward (shoulder press). However I do not think this necessary. Normal routines, plans and templates should cover all important muscle groups anyway.
Current PBs:
210 kg SQ, 135 kg Bench, 260 kg DL

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 282,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/o Wraps) - 710, Total (w/ Wraps) 712,5 kg
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
Mellos

Postby Lordmuppet » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:27 pm

aye ... maybe some fat loss will aid the gun show anyways :)
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby baldy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:29 am

almost 80% of your gun show is actually tricep, so you should be hitting it purely for disco reasons.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights