Vegan GOMAD

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Vegan GOMAD

Postby ^toby^ » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:26 pm

Have anyone done Squat and GallonOfMilkADay?
What did you drink? Gallon Of Soy Milk? I think the micro ratio would be very different.
(not that I'm going to do it, just curious)
'Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect Practice makes perfect' - Vince Lombardi
^toby^

Re: Vegan GOMAD

Postby blinki » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:57 pm

I think the issue would be calories. 100ml soy milk is 42cal and 100ml full fat cow milk is 65cal, so you'd need to drink 1.4 gallons soy milk. A gallon sounds pretty tough to me, 1.4 gallon is 5.3l of soy milk a day.
blinki

Postby hardcore iv » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Just mix in protein powder and oil.
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby tal » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:27 pm

A much more awesome idea would be to eat the equivalent amount of calories in tasty food.
tal

Postby ^toby^ » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:45 am

[quote="Talyn"]A much more awesome idea would be to eat the equivalent amount of calories in tasty food.

*Thumbs up*
'Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect Practice makes perfect' - Vince Lombardi
^toby^

Postby thestoatyone » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:12 pm

400g bag of Bombay mix a day.

6 pack of mince pies a day (seasonal variation and all that...)

And my old friend, the Bakewell sandwich: 2 slices of bread enveloping a generous helping of Almond-nut butter, black cherry jam and thickly sliced marzipan. Coupla rounds of those babies a day and you could have a skeleton looking like Busta Bloodvessel within a month...
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

[quote="muchluv"]When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Postby ^toby^ » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:38 am

wow
^toby^

Postby alphmal600 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:51 pm

Cow milk and soy milk are similar in terms of carbs, protein, and fat levels, but the fats in cow milk tend to be saturated fats and the fats in soy milk tend to be unsaturated fats.

All the world's respected health authorities say that saturated fats cause heart problems. However, saturated fats can be useful for bodybuilding because it increases testosterone.

However, this problem is easily fixed if you are a vegan. You simply add coconut flour to your protein shake.

I mix vegan protein powder with almond milk (for carbs) and coconut flour (for saturated fats). It tastes absolutely delicious. Much better than cows milk, which I find tastes like a dangerous chemical.
alphmal600

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights