V VII hero Contest Winner on www.veganbodybuilding.com

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby RobertCheeke » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:56 pm

It's awesome having Hero featured as a winner on our website. There are 3 current contests going on now anyone can feel free to enter. The three new ones going on now are Great Glutes contest, Freaky Forearm contest, and Total Physique contest, and you can read details about them on www.veganbodybuilding.com under the Fitness Contest Links and listed on the Calendar page.

I think we've only had one or two winners from here and this seems like a HUGE group of vegan athletes so I'd love to see some of you enter the contests. If these 3 aren't very interesting or don't fit your strengths, we have 3 or 4 New ones in Feb. Every 3 months, we have new contests and we've had some pretty awesome winners so far.

Anyone planning on doing any bodybuilding or powerlifting or any other competitions in 2004? I'd like to feature some new vegan athletes on my website so if you're interested in having a page on there about your athletic success or upcoming contest let me know robert@veganbodybuilding.com

All the best to you all in 05, I'll be around this message board more since I won't be on a bloody ship the whole year! :)
Robert Cheeke
"When your actions speak for themselves, don't interrupt."
www.myspace.com/veganbodybuilding
RobertCheeke

Postby V VII Hero » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:21 am

I dont need surgery! I just went today to my surgeon. He said I can go back to lifting, and just check back with him every 6 months or so to make sure my symptoms dont reoccur. Im so excited. so in a couple months I am slowly going to regain my muscle...then back to bodybuilding. hehe.

on a side note:
I would like to compete next year.

thanks ya'll. and some yous should enter those contests! I know ya can win em :wink:
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby RobertCheeke » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:11 am

Awesome news Hero! I'm happy to hear you're going to be back on track soon. And when you do get in great shape again and muscular shape, take a lot of photos. That is one of many things I've learned in bodybuilding. Great Contest Shape is hard to maintain all year-round and some months or years are better than others, so when I'm at my best I have tons of photos taken. So later on when people see you and question your ability to get lean on a vegan diet or get huge, or whatever, you have that proof of your ripped self in photos and possibly in magazines, books, or on the internet.

Have a great time when you return to training. I have "returned" lately as well. I was training by myself and something was missing (even though I've trained for years alone). My best years training were with a good friend of mine named Jordan, the guy who introduced me to bodybuilding many years ago. We're training together again and it's FUN!

Best of luck to you on your road to success in vegan bodybuilding. You are a great guy, great enthusiasm and desire for the sport, and appreciation for others who have been vegan bodybuilding for many years.

As Jay Cutler says to me, "You Da Man!"

Go get'em Topher

-Rob
Robert Cheeke
RobertCheeke

Postby V VII Hero » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:12 am

took your advice and took some photos since im starting bodybuilding all over again. check out this thread for further information and pictures:

http://veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?t=2503
V VII Hero

Postby RobertCheeke » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:28 am

Awesome dude!

Great abs! It is ALWAYS a good idea to take photos every few months to track progress, even when you take a break or are out of shape. That is also a great time because then you can have your before and after photos to compare and even if nobody ever sees them, you can look at them and recall the hard work that was put in to make that transformation.

....And when you get great photos of your top shape, size or conditioning, you never know where they could end up....magazines, books, websites, and could inspire many.

Great job and I look forward to the 2005 physique! Keep it up.
Robert Cheeke
RobertCheeke

Postby Cuguacuarana » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:02 am

Sorry, been gone for a while, just saw this thread for the first time. Congrats man. You definitely have some impressive musculature. And your back is steller. You definitely deserve this award.

Also I am sure you are relieved to not need surgery. Thats great news. Now get your ass back to the gym, slacker!!!
Austin

"We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane." --Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
Cuguacuarana

Postby V VII Hero » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:25 am

[quote="Cuguacuarana"]Sorry, been gone for a while, just saw this thread for the first time. Congrats man. You definitely have some impressive musculature. And your back is steller. You definitely deserve this award.

Also I am sure you are relieved to not need surgery. Thats great news. Now get your ass back to the gym, slacker!!!

ahaha thanks man. yeh i still have arm problems and I know my nerve is still pinched....but i dont need surgery and i hope in the future i dont need surgery either...it seems to be healing/unpinching over time on its own. very relieved indeed. im hitting up that gym asap! hehe
V VII Hero

Postby ash » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:45 am

Congrats on the contest hero! you definately deserved it, and congrats that you dont need surgery!
take care
-ash
break the silence.

when we can no longer dream we die -emma goldman
ash

Previous

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights