Hi guys. So I'm completely new to the world of weight lifting and would highly appreciate some help to my multilayered problem. You can safely assume I know next to nothing.
My goals are, in order:
1. Be able to comfortably lift 100 lbs in a month or two.
2. Be able to comfortably lift 125 lbs shortly thereafter.
3. Get in shape before the end of the year.
4. Be able to comfortably lift my body weight (170 lbs) before our galaxy's Sun dies out.
I am in my early 20s, 6', and as mentioned above, 170 lbs. I have a bit of a mid-lower back problem (stiffness) from sleeping on the floor for years and not having a chair to sit on; and some slight, painless crepitus in my right knee. No pity party here though, I am here to avenge myself of those lost years
So, some questions:
1. What is the bare minimum equipment I should own to start weight lifting at home? (Currently residing in an old apartment complex.)
2. I plan on starting p90x soon for general fitness and nutrition. What are some excellent weight lifting routines to augment p90x or just weight lifting routines in general for beginners at home?
3. Should I be concerned/mindful of my stiff back or knee during workouts? I've considered seeing a chiropractor.
Thanks very much in advance! I'd highly appreciate any comments, concerns, or advice regarding anything I've said. Thanks again