'Mr Universe's Big Heart for Animals' - Billy Simmonds

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

'Mr Universe's Big Heart for Animals' - Billy Simmonds

Postby knackers » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Recently seen this http://www.animalsaustralia.org/feature ... iverse.php

Good interview, he has been vegetarian for quite a long time, he lives and trains in Brisbane.
Not picking on the guy, seems like a nice bloke, but he still consumes whey/ cottage cheese / eggs in general and bangs on about having respect for animals and the bad karma associated with supporting animal abusing industries, etc...etc....
Can somebody from brissy get their ass down to his gym/powerlifting club, get to know him and convert him to a full vegan! ASAP, hes almost there.
Anyway, I think theres some potential there if he gets to know the facts, being all karma sensitive and all!

http://www.inba.com.au/pdf/PRO%20Billy% ... %20Bio.pdf
Bench 150kgs, dead lift 275kgs, and squat 225kg’s
:shock:
Strong dude, once he gives up the dairy, will have to get him to post his numbers on the strength table :P
“Animals do have a voice. If you ignore their suffering, I will remind you of it. If you don't understand them, I will translate. If you don't hear them, I will be their voice. You may silence them but you cannot silence me as long as I live.” ~ Anita Mahdessian (C
knackers

Re: 'Mr Universe's Big Heart for Animals' - Billy Simmonds

Postby vegieburger » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:33 pm

I'd go to the gym and drop a few comments on how great veganism is but 3 hours is a little far to travel for a work out. I did ad him on facebook though.
"No one has yet realized the wealth of sympathy, the kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child.
The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure."-Emma Goldman
vegieburger

Postby XkillerX » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:46 pm

Maybe contact hanibal and MVS? Surely there are vegan PLs in brisb?
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby knackers » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:08 am

NEWS JUST IN:

Billie Simmonds is now VEGAN! :mrgreen:
Recently, I have excluded all dairy and egg products from my diet, so I can officially say I'm now Vegan.

I feel fantastic and my results in the gym are going through the roof. Stay tuned as I tell you more about this soon.
“Animals do have a voice. If you ignore their suffering, I will remind you of it. If you don't understand them, I will translate. If you don't hear them, I will be their voice. You may silence them but you cannot silence me as long as I live.” ~ Anita Mahdessian (C
knackers

Postby sosso » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:37 am

Great news!
sosso

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:49 am

very awesome! article link? And yes get him on the table ASAP!

edited to say: this is an excellent example of how and why ovo-lacto vegetarians should be met with praise for the initial change and encouragement to further change not simply hostility.
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby knackers » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:12 am

Here you go LM, it was just an email but here it is anyway, I received this email because I subscribed to his website vegetarianbodybuilding.org,

I have a lot of people asking me about the different types of protein powders - so I'll give you the low down here: "Protein Shakes Overview".

The video is on my Facebook page, so if you like the video, please LIKE THE PAGE and I'll also make sure I hook you up with my other videos on Vegetarian Bodybuilding.

Recently, I have excluded all dairy and egg products from my diet, so I can officially say I'm now Vegan.

I feel fantastic and my results in the gym are going through the roof. Stay tuned as I tell you more about this soon.

So check out my video on protein shakes and I look forward to hearing if you like it!

CLICK HERE to watch the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAr_3ivqVlY

Eat Well, Train Hard.

Billy Simmonds
Mr Universe

Obviously the video was done before he went vegan...
I replied to the email inviting him to checkout veganfitness.
knackers

Postby JP » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:55 am

great news!

Always awesome when someone goes vegan - and in the middle of that animal abuse product based culture even more so!
JP
Site Admin

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights