Any vegans in Brisbane (Australia) wanna start a bench crew?

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Any vegans in Brisbane (Australia) wanna start a bench crew?

Postby Kate Grace » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:54 am

Inspired by the tyre flipping, shirt busting dudes of Melbourne Vegan Strength (MVS) ...........

Puny girl and burly guy new to bench seek motivated vegans (male or female) that want to start (or continue) weight training focused on gaining muscle and building STRENGTH.

Wanna rip some tissue with fellow Brisvegans and get on with the getting buff? I know I do!

So if you live in or around Brisbane, are old or new to bench, and are vegan (bless your cotton socks) what are you waiting for! Lets do some reps! I'll bring the instruments of death!
put the bunny back in the box
Kate Grace

Postby sosso » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:07 am

Good luck with getting it up and running!

I'd love to do the same down here but honestly don't know many vegans in my area let alone vegans interested in weight lifting. I'm sure they have to be out there somewhere!
sosso

Postby Kate Grace » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:58 am

Thanks!

Yeah, we are a rare breed I am afraid. Most of the vegans I know are more interested in cardio and well, I am so darn puny I can't afford to lose any weight, I just wanna eat more and get bigger!
put the bunny back in the box
Kate Grace

Postby inteja » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:27 am

I might be interested. PM me.
inteja

Postby Ripe » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:06 am

Heya,

I am most probably interested also...pm me :)

Cheers
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Ripe

Postby Andrewc » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:56 am

If this avenue of forming a vegan strength crew doesn't quite come together, you may alternatively be able to train and get some coaching at the University of Queensland Powerlifting & Weightlifting Club in Brisbane. It looks like CHEAP rates too!

http://www.uqpwc.org/
Andrewc

Postby patvirt » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:32 am

Good stuff! Hopefully you get a crew together. You'll then have to come to Melbourne for VF week and WVD :D
Melbourne Vegan Strength.
patvirt

Postby fenrir » Mon May 04, 2009 2:23 pm

Heya Kate Phil here from the gold coast :)

I am definitely keen as it's becoming quite hazardous to my wooden balcony attempting PB's for squats and deads (i dropped a 160kg squat on 2nd rep straight through my hardwood deck 7 weeks ago :S ), and i really need somewhere to train!

I used to train at UQ powerlifting when i was 18 for several years and it was a great gym (dungeon actually), but from what the website says they moved premises to a bigger area. I could probably come up on weekends to Bris to train if you had a few people that were keen?
In their behavior toward creatures, all men are Nazis. Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought."

— Isaac Bashevis Singer, author, Nobel Prize 1978
fenrir

Postby xBonesx » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:25 am

Hi all,

Just stumbled across this thread after discovering the MVS website.

I have been vegan for roughly 4 years, veg for a few years before that, and am brand new to this forum.

I am new to lifting and am a small guy but have had some success doing 5x5s on and off over the past year.

I am super keen to get involved in training with other vegans.

I notice no one has posted on this thread in a while, and hoping we could get something going?

I live in West End and train at work during the week and UQ on weekends, but anywhere is good!
xBonesx

Re: Any vegans in Brisbane (Australia) wanna start a bench c

Postby wh1te0ak » Mon May 07, 2012 10:55 am

Thought I would bring this back to the top of the board, anyone here still about?
@vegedge_au
wh1te0ak

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights