can bodybuilders....

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

can bodybuilders....

Postby V VII Hero » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:19 pm

can bodybuilders have tattoos and piercings?

I was just wondering.

like since tattoos cover your muscles... do they take points off for that in competitions?

I was thinking about for my 21st bday of getting an edge tattoo on the back of my calf. XXX means the world to me. and its something I will never go back on.

also with tattoos....say my calves get bigger from bodybuilding...will that tattoo stretch with it? or will it look stupid?
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby muscle-militia » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:30 pm

Nah, Im covered! If you look at the pic on my site you cant hardly see em. Once you get your bed tan (sun bed/natural/fake tan) then add the 'Dream Tan' you are soo dark. It does look stupid till you get under the lights, but you wll not get marked down for your ink :lol:
100% Natural - 100% meat free muscle!!
muscle-militia

Postby J » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:07 pm

What site MM? Maybe put it in your sig?
J

Postby V VII Hero » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:26 pm

[quote="muscle-militia"]Nah, Im covered! If you look at the pic on my site you cant hardly see em. Once you get your bed tan (sun bed/natural/fake tan) then add the 'Dream Tan' you are soo dark. It does look stupid till you get under the lights, but you wll not get marked down for your ink :lol:

alright cool. so your allowed to still compete if you have tatts?

then I shall be getting my edge tattoo when I am ready.
V VII Hero

Postby tylerm » Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:03 am

I don't know any more straightedge kids, all of them that I knew ended up dropping it either after moving out of their parent's house or turning 21 and hanging out at bars... I think being drug free is a good personal choice though, I think the people I knew in Cleveland were it it for the scene. I have one friend who is still drug free, stopped calling himself straightedge years ago, he is 27 and never had a drink or smoke. His dad was an alcoholic and beat him when he was a kid. Now that is a reason to avoid drugs.

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone.... but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson
tylerm

Postby V VII Hero » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:51 am

if you break edge, you never were.

i know people that have been edge for years. going on 5 or seven years, etc. some people almost 30years old .
V VII Hero

Postby JP » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:21 am

most edgers i know, tattoos or not, have dropped. Some with HUGE straight edge tats across stomach, on forearms, necs what have you...

Having said that, i know people with vegan tats as well who have dropped veganism (much more serious, i'd say, because much more than straight edge, veganism affects others).

Anyways, back to the original question about streching. So far my tats haven't stretched at all and i've put on over 20kg on when i got the firt ones. Though if you had something with highly symmetric shapes they may skew a bit...
JP
Site Admin

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights