Dip Station?

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Dip Station?

Postby buzz » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:54 am

Hey all,

Having never included dips in my workouts because of not having the equipment to do so, I am now wondering whether it's worth getting a station such as seen on the link here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW

I know you can do them on the back of two chairs, but this is not always ideal, especially if youo don't have chairs in your house....

I wouldn't mind spending the money on the station as from what I have heard they are a fundamental exercise for building and shaping chest?

All comments/advice appreciated.
buzz

Postby muscle-militia » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:57 am

Fantastic for lower chest tricep and rear delt heads - you cant beat dips!
100% Natural - 100% meat free muscle!!
muscle-militia

Postby JP » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:59 am

i would not buy it personally mate - it is a single exercise machine, takes loads of space etc. You'd be much better off getting a powerrack which you can use in multitude of ways and also there are powerracks to which you can get dip station handles, so you would end up getting both!
JP
Site Admin

Postby funfetus » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:51 am

Try to get a "walker" (the kind old people sometimes use to get around) at a thrift store. I got mine for about $4, and it's perfect for dips, very lightweight aluminum, and folds up to take up very little space.

Only negative I can think of is that it's too low to the ground to hang weight from a dip-belt, but if you put weight in a backpack or something, it's fine.
funfetus

Postby tylerm » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:43 pm

My grandfather broke his hip a few months ago, and while visiting him at the hospital I would use his walker to mess around doing dips... He is fine now, no more walker.
tylerm

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights