Jet lag without the vacation

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Jet lag without the vacation

Postby Dianski » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:15 pm

I am having one of those days where everything is hard to do. I did my heavy weight day two days ago, and didn't feel it then.

What gives.
I didn't stop eating, go on a diet, and I slept all night? Any good ideas on how to fight this funk would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Diane
Dianski

Postby PaHulkster » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:24 pm

Mental exhaustion?
PaHulkster

Postby JP » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:38 am

life probably. We all have our off days. Everything might be right physically, but like PAhulkster said mentally something is missing.

Not to worry about that kind of things, just find ways of coping with it. I don't miss a training session for mental reasons, i have my ways of hyping myself up and rarely need to as i love training (which is a bastard in a situation like now when my lower back is not too keen on squatting and deadlifting :( )
JP
Site Admin

Postby sensless » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:16 pm

Sometimes after having a heavy day in the gym I will perform some light aerobic activity, like walking, to help loosen up my muscles. I find this helps me recover faster and helps me to avoid the days where everything is harder to do. The second day soreness is pretty common for me if I don't do the aerobic activity.

John Jr.
poop.
sensless

Postby muscle-militia » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:41 am

Thing is, we are a natural living thing and effected by many various factors. There are times when you have been so ill you are off work - but able to read and watch TV. There will have been times when you physically are able to do anything - but so mentally tired you go into zombie mode. This can be for many reasons - even viral!
So the questions are:
Are you earing enough/enough carb?
Are you hydrated?
Have you been out for long periods in the sun?
Are your sleeping patterns normal/are you sleeping?

Or it could be the manifestation of a stress symptom. Now us western dudes go “Pha!” to stress. But the onset of lifestyle stress is massive. Stress can be your neighbours dog or traffic,relationships or work, anything! It does cause hormonal reactions to the endocrine system and you can overload on the wrong hormones. Long term stress even on a small level can bring about mental exhaustion.
100% Natural - 100% meat free muscle!!
muscle-militia

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights