I'm Back!!!

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

I'm Back!!!

Postby RobertCheeke » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:07 pm

Hey boys and girls, I'm back now! I just got onto this site this morning. Is there a place on here where people post photos? I want to check out the 2004 vegan fitness physiques.

This is Robert by the way, sorry didn't mention that at the beginning. I'm back to training heavy, and I've found some exercises that I really love. I am training instinctively right now and hit chest and back quite frequently. I'm getting bigger and stronger so I think I'll keep it up. I'm able to do around 100 push-ups without stopping and over 40 chin-ups without a break. Of course I don't really use the push-ups in my training, but I use a lot of power movements that are giving me a lot of strength.

Some of you know about my back injury I had for over a year. I couldn't do any squats, leg presses, bent-over rows, deadlifts, or anything like that for a year. Even the day before a bodybuilding competition, I could barely walk; but those problems are all behind me right now. I just flew in from Europe this weekend and I'm joining up again at Gold's Gym today so hopefully I can take care of my back, which was injured in a series of non-bodybuilding-related accidents.

Anyway, it's good to be back, just wanted you to know I'm here.

Robert Cheeke
www.veganbodybuilding.com
Robert Cheeke
"When your actions speak for themselves, don't interrupt."
www.myspace.com/veganbodybuilding
RobertCheeke

Re: I'm Back!!!

Postby GenTDuke » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:19 pm

[quote="Keegan"]

Some of you know about my back injury I had for over a year. I couldn't do any squats, leg presses, bent-over rows, deadlifts, or anything like that for a year. Even the day before a bodybuilding competition, I could barely walk; but those problems are all behind me right now. I just flew in from Europe this weekend and I'm joining up again at Gold's Gym today so hopefully I can take care of my back, which was injured in a series of non-bodybuilding-related accidents.

Hey mate, I wondered were you have been. I stoped training due to some injuries and I know how much it gets to you, I cant imagine a year without any serious weights; must have driven you insane as atrophy started to set in.
GenTDuke

Postby Pete » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:07 pm

Hi Robert welcome back,
How's the book coming?
Glad you're back is recovering & you can start getting into full-bore training again (& competing...plans :?: )
Pete
http://www.veganbodybuilding.org
[url=http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/veganbodybuilding/]Vegan Bodybuilding List[/url]
[url=http://veganbodybuilding.blogspot.com/]Vegan Bodybuilding Blog[/url]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/23353662623/]Vegan Bodybuilding Facebook[/url]
Pete

Postby Renecarol25 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:12 pm

Isn't it books now? I'm looking forward to them.. so let us know. And welcome back.. someone was looking for a good veggie/vegan friendly cruise line on one of my groups and I thought of you. Not sure which one you were working with though. Or which cruise line the person ended up going with.
Renee
Renecarol25

Postby RobertCheeke » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:57 am

Pete,

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry I missed you while I was over in England. It was a busy time and I was only off the ship for a few hours at a time in our home port of Dover.

For a few months, I basically just wrote and researched. I didn't do much else, and I made tremendous gains in the writing of my book. I broke the book into two books because they were going different directions.

I took a break from writing for a while and now that I am home, I plan on getting back into the writing thing and I'll keep you updated on how it is all coming along.

It's nice to be here, so many people on this message board!

Keegan The Vegan (Robert Cheeke)
Robert Cheeke
"When your actions speak for themselves, don't interrupt."
www.myspace.com/veganbodybuilding
RobertCheeke

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights