How many times?

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby CENTURION 2 CENTS » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:29 pm

Whilst you work on your arms, we'll work on your legs... Visually imbuing them with strength & power..

Ok you can throw up now! :lol:

really though, like the others I'm impressed also...... Must be all that nourishment you get through baking. I would have posted sooner by the
way but didn't wanna seem over eager. :P
ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ health-enthusiast-*vegan*-fitness-guru-fanatic--with passion-for-exercise & mind. Spiritual-into vitality-wellbeing-weights, compassion, eco-sustaining lifestyle.. (the only lifestyle)
CENTURION 2 CENTS

Postby Pete » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:18 am

Great legs :!: I think that's about half a WIP page worth already :P
How come all these people moan about "Oh, I look soooo terrible", then when you see pics, they look great :?: I think you must all own those weird fair ground mirror that warp the image or something :?
I can't wait to see next weeks installment :!: :!: :!:
Pete
http://www.veganbodybuilding.org
[url=http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/veganbodybuilding/]Vegan Bodybuilding List[/url]
[url=http://veganbodybuilding.blogspot.com/]Vegan Bodybuilding Blog[/url]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/23353662623/]Vegan Bodybuilding Facebook[/url]
Pete

Postby funfetus » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:57 am

Everyone knows how they want to look, and we're more acutely aware of our "flaws" than anyone else. People probably also tend to only post their more flattering pics. :)
funfetus

Postby Mary » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:02 am

Apart from me posting a picture of me looking like a fifty three year old Irish man. :oops:
Mary

Postby CENTURION 2 CENTS » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:08 am

[quote="Pete"]
How come all these people moan about "Oh, I look soooo terrible", then when you see pics, they look great :?: I think you must all own those weird fair ground mirror that warp the image or something :?

Yeah.....good analogy, eulogy, whatever the word is, heh.
ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ health-enthusiast-*vegan*-fitness-guru-fanatic--with passion-for-exercise & mind. Spiritual-into vitality-wellbeing-weights, compassion, eco-sustaining lifestyle.. (the only lifestyle)
CENTURION 2 CENTS

Postby Strix » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:22 pm

[quote="funfetus"]... People probably also tend to only post their more flattering pics. :)

What? Not even! I posted my Bugs Bunny arm, I was so desperate for help! Thanks to everyone for their help, again.. I'm already seeing results in my arms!
And, by the way, you,ff, have not updated your WIP; so where is it, hm?

Pete, that's it! I'm done. I gave you an "arm and a leg"! I don't have any other WIP pics because those are the two areas I am working right now. Thanks for the legs compliment; but, truth is, I've lost a lof of definition. It's more a diet problem, though. So I wanted to work on my quads, right above the knee. Anyway, legs are minor right now. My big issue, as you all know is the arms. Now that I have the pullups bar, I'm also working on my abs, which I never ever, ever do! And, I can promise you one thing: You won't be seeing a pic of my soft abs :D ! They truly suck right now.
"The hand that signed the paper felled a city;
Five sovereign fingers taxed the breath,
Doubled the globe of dead and halved a country;
These five kings did a king to death."
-Dylan Thomas
Strix

Postby Mary » Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:37 pm

Hey Strix. You have given us an arm and a leg. Now we want the shirt off your back...

Sorry. Couldn't resist it!

What is a bugs bunny arm anyway?
Mary

Postby Strix » Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:05 pm

haha, Mary, I wasn't sure if that saying was just an "Americanism."

A Bugs arm? Well, one of my favorite Bugs episodes is one called, "Rabbit Punch." It's where Bugs gets himself into a boxing match because he heckles the Champ, who is this huge guy. So anyway, there's this funny part where Bugs flexes his skinny little biceps and it caves! It falls and starts to swing back and forth, lol. Anyway, I always remember that.

I couldn't find a pic of him flexing, but, if you've seen the episode, you'll probably recall it once you see this pic.

Here it is: Image
-Dylan Thomas
Strix

Postby funfetus » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:16 pm

[quote="Strix"][quote="funfetus"]... People probably also tend to only post their more flattering pics. :)

What? Not even! I posted my Bugs Bunny arm, I was so desperate for help! Thanks to everyone for their help, again.. I'm already seeing results in my arms!
And, by the way, you,ff, have not updated your WIP; so where is it, hm?

Well, that was meant as more of a general statement, and not directed toward you specifically. :) Besides, I didn't see anything wrong with your arm. I know people tend to be their own harshest critics, but seriously, you look great.

As for my WIP, I decided to give myself a few extra months, since I had a lower-back injury that kept me from training seriously. I'll probably post an update after I'm finished cutting down for my fight, probably in mid-october.
Brandon
http://www.funfetus.com
funfetus

Postby CENTURION 2 CENTS » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:21 am

http://members.aol.com/browrob549/emo/whacky062.gif

If a smiley can do it, so can you Strix! :mrgreen: aka Strix Armstrong.
CENTURION 2 CENTS

Postby Frostfire » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:13 am

How in the world did I miss this thread for so long?!? :shock: Great legs Strix! And I want to see updated photos of your arms since I've somehow missed this for so long :D .

Sounds like you have a great routine going for those arms now, do you work your forearms as well? Or maybe I should be asking if you want to work your forearms?

I'm so glad to finally see, well, at least some of you :D.
http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Postby Strix » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:01 pm

Ah, thanks for the encouragement, crystal! You're one of my inspirations! As I struggle with my pullups, I think of your arms :D.

By the way, I can now lift myself about 3 inches!! :lol: Yea, I know, wimpy, but still, that's 3 inches :D Weird too, since it's with palms out! I thought palms facing me would be easier, but they are actually harder: but, I really haven't been working on those; mostly, I've been doing the palms outward.

All you balance ballers, I'm ordering mine today! :)
Not sure if I should get a video with it -- wha' cha think? I'm looking HERE -- unless anyone has any specific recommendations? I'm clueless when it comes to ze ball...
Also considering a PILATES video, though I'm not too hopeful. I have a bad track record with videos and home workout routines in general. Tried a yoga video once and haven't seen it in a couple years now :D . I love these PILATES MATS which I'll need; since I have hardwood floors.

Any suggestions? Thanks everyone!
-Dylan Thomas
Strix

Postby JO » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:31 pm

Oh good. I was gonna bump this thread up today. :)

Balance Ball, good product & inexpensive. May not be able to to take your cutie pie's li'l talons. My cats punctured mine when I left it accessible to them. There are thicker more durable ones manufactured. I forget the brand. I'll see what's at the gym tomorrow morning.

Judging by what you're doing presently, the introductory tape will give you a good sense of the possiblities, the ab one will be good for you, but the leg one and the arm one will be a waste of time /not challenging enough.

I think Rochelle had a good product to recommend a while back.

PS
Kinetic-corporeal joy is known to ALL creatures.
JO

Postby Strix » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:53 pm

JO, thanks for the bird caveat! Yes, I do need abs work. I'll try the intro tape, then, thanks.

If anyone else has suggestions, I'm ready to hear!

Thanks!
-Dylan Thomas
Strix

Postby J » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:00 pm

Apart from me posting a picture of me looking like a fifty three year old Irish man.

Mary I thought you looked like Sigourney Weaver in the first picture. Second one wasn't quite so good but I don't have any room to talk.
J

PreviousNext

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights