massive gains!

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

massive gains!

Postby V VII Hero » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:25 am

so cause of:
1. my fractured hand/severely sprained...
2. shitty weather
3. the time (late at night....could only get an hour in)
4. worked extremely hard all day in the heat...

i wasnt gonna lift...i was gonna take a night off....well something inside me told me to not give up, to not give in.

so I went to the gym, and despite exhaustion and injury, I lifted for my back/traps.

and my friend was there and he decided to do Back with me. which was awesome so i could go heavy. i went really heavy on a lot of things. and i had impressive gains.

the most impressive (to me at least):

1.seated rows....i went from normally doing 150lbs to doing 220 lbs at 6-8 reps!!!!
2.bent over dumbell rows: i normally do 65 lbs dumbbells and theyre extremely hard for me.....
well Vinny (my lifting partner) really pushed me (today the 65lbs were easy) and I was able to go all the way up to 90lb dumbbells and at 6 reps each! thats a massive gain!

Im so excited. ive been getting stronger even though my hand is crappy and i work long days.

so the moral of the story: there are no "I cants".....only "I wonts"
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby Myrddin » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:42 pm

Fantastic gains - but you should get your hand checked out. If you keep working it when its injured it may get to a stage where it will never fully recover. I know you're young and have heaps of enthusiasm but take it from me - don't risk it. The more you train now with a bunged up hand the longer you'll be unable to train later on (and lose the gains you've made). Its worth waiting a short time (to recover) now than a long time later. Don't rush it you've got heaps of time to get huge.

Adam
"Morality dictates that I live Vegan"
Earth Crisis
Myrddin

Postby stateofflux » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:01 pm

good going, Hero. It does sound like you work ever so hard at your bodybuilding, it's nice to see such fabulous results.
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby JP » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:48 pm

hero, do you usually train alone or with a partner? I find that training with someone gives me a great boost, and it has often been the sessions with Ironman D or some other chaps when i've been breaking my records.

keep it up mate!
JP
Site Admin

Postby V VII Hero » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:08 pm

I train alone unfortuantely. i love training with other people but i can never find a lifting partner. i hope when i am attending school, i can find someone. so i can get more workouts like this one.

i am always injured and always having to get my body checked out and doctor bills are expensive..its all my injuries that led me to choose Athletic Training as my College Major.
im gonna let me hand heal on its own, and i will do exercises that dont hurt it. ive dealt with many of these types of injuries before....

ive broken the damn thing over 8 times now...

plus i play bass....so i cant go getting it in a cast...

im always losing my gains...i never seem to keep em cause of injuries...well im not letting another injury hold me back...
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights