Vegan teams

Lifting weights whether for bodybuilding, toning, or just for general fitness.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby V VII Hero » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:27 am

[quote="billyoffspring"]Also: I've heard that certain people cannot be bodybuilders and can't get big. Bullshit right? I really hope I can. I'm gonna work my ass off!

certain people can not become bodybuilders. they are called quitters. don't be one of them. push yourself hard and succeed.
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby V VII Hero » Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:30 am

Pete:
sounds great. I am gonna start training harder. I need to be bigger and more massive before I can compete. so all tips and techniques would be appreciated.

if there are any big competitions going on over in the UK, I would love to attend and show my support. just let me know ahead of time so I can save up money to do so.
V VII Hero

Postby billyoffspring » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:06 am

[quote="V VII Hero"]certain people can not become bodybuilders. they are called quitters. don't be one of them. push yourself hard and succeed.

awesome man. thanks for the push. i'm training hard and i'm sticking with it. here we come mid atlantic team. :D
billyoffspring

Postby billyoffspring » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:07 am

Pete:

Tips appreciated on my end as well. :D I think I'll stick with my current routine until I stop making gains, as suggested by Ryan.
billyoffspring

Postby Mary » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:31 am

Neil and I are wide awake this morning (it is about six o clock here.) He told me to tell you guys that Hero is right - there is no such thing as "can't," only "won't." Don't listen to quitters. If somebody decides that they "can't" do something, they mean they "won't" do it. That is fine, if people don't make excuses to justify their failure.

For example, for four months I didn't go down the gym, because I didn't have time and Neil was poorly. However, if I decided "oh, I lost size and strength because women can't do it," I would be talking out of my massively expanding posterior. :lol:

At the moment Neil genuinely can't do any weight training, because he has months of physio, and needs to correct his spinal alignment before he starts impacting it with weights again. However, other "can't" situations he has ignored. He could have stayed in hospital four or five weeks longer, and they wouldn't have complained. He could still be on liquid morphine and they wouldn't complain. He could be asking me to push him everywhere and I wouldn't complain!

Instead he is out driving up to venues around the Midlands for the festival next year, and is rolling around all over the place in his chair. (Despite it being a clunky bastard that thinks it's a Dalek.)

Billy, you can do it! Not only you can do it, you will do it. Check out the tattoo thread for a picture of Hero (his avatar enlarged.) Every body is going to look different, and yours will be no exception. But soon you will realise where your strengths and peculiar talents lie. It sounds to me like you will do a great job. And remember, you have ten times as much testosterone as I do, so you will overtake me bleeding quickly. I am hoping to be looking good in two years, so I don't see why you shouldn't have made a damned good start by then.
Mary

Postby Pete » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:49 pm

If you are making gains using a routine, then stick with it until the gains dry up - not that it get's tougher, it will as the weights go up, but you honestly stop making gains. Then consider a change to your training routine (that's a rule of thumb for everyone).
Next, here's how to make gains. First, you have to commit to your diet & training, put your it above most other things (obviously relationships, etc will be higher, but higher than going to gigs, partying, staying up that extra hour to watch crap TV etc).
Next, for that added bit of motivation get yourself up on the WIP pages. If you don't look fantastic yet, that's ok, this is the start of your journey. Get yourself up & update regularly, that way people can see how your developing & can offer advice. You'll also be showing people how you can improve how you look on a vegan diet.
Also, look to people like Neil or Pat, they've had truly huge problems, but they've trained, & trained damn hard too. People like us in pretty good health have no real excuse not to hit the weights, stay consistant & force those gains.

You're been told wrong, everyone can become a bodybuilder. Sure, not everyone can get to the Universe or Olympia, but everyone can get a decent physique (barring the odd medical condition). Train, eat enough & you will grow to look better than 99% of people you see on the street, that is a guarentee. It just takes time, the determination to really go & hit the weights hard, & the consistancy to keep at it week after week.

I've got every faith that you'll be able to reach your dreams & achieve anything you set your mind to.
Pete
http://www.veganbodybuilding.org
[url=http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/veganbodybuilding/]Vegan Bodybuilding List[/url]
[url=http://veganbodybuilding.blogspot.com/]Vegan Bodybuilding Blog[/url]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/23353662623/]Vegan Bodybuilding Facebook[/url]
Pete

Postby billyoffspring » Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:28 pm

Thanks a lot Pete. That means I'm a lot. I'm just about to post my routine results for today. I gained again, even on four hours of sleep. I know I need to sleep more than that, but I was up late as hell reading a novella and writing an essay on it.

I'm going to keep hitting the weights hard and build myself up. I'm already seeing major changes. I used to be tiny!
billyoffspring

Postby Myrddin » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:21 pm

Great idea guys! So Noah, are you up for Team Vegan Melbourne?

Adam
"Morality dictates that I live Vegan"
Earth Crisis
Myrddin

LOGO TEAM VEGAN

Postby Robbie » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:09 pm

Team Vegan logo is now on my gorilla T,s and Vest,s half an inch high in green -VEGAN-POWER-ROBBIEx
Robbie

Re: LOGO TEAM VEGAN

Postby V VII Hero » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:20 pm

[quote="Robbie"]Team Vegan logo is now on my gorilla T,s and Vest,s half an inch high in green -VEGAN-POWER-ROBBIEx

awesome. thanks man :D

where can we get these at?
V VII Hero

Postby Mary » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:35 pm

Hi Robbie!

How are you recovering? Hope you aren't in too much pain after the op.

If you have scarring in the area, put some sudocrem on it - it has zinc which is good for healing scars, and reduces itching. (Neil has had it on his back.)
Mary

Postby hannibal » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:28 am

[quote="Myrddin"]Great idea guys! So Noah, are you up for Team Vegan Melbourne?

Adam

hey adam.. just seeing this. yep i'm in!
hannibal

Postby Myrddin » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:32 am

Cool - Noah, is that Vegan guy that lives with you up for it too? Know anyone else, as well?
We'll have to organise a training meet - to share ideas and train etc

Adam
"Morality dictates that I live Vegan"
Earth Crisis
Myrddin

Postby hannibal » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:58 pm

[quote="Myrddin"]Cool - Noah, is that Vegan guy that lives with you up for it too? Know anyone else, as well?
We'll have to organise a training meet - to share ideas and train etc
Adam

hey, yeah i'm sure he'll be up for it.

are you coming to the 'ban live export' fundraiser at gopals this wed? a few of the guys coming have just re-started lifting so maybe we can organise a training meet then.
hannibal

TEAM-VEGAN

Postby Robbie » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:39 pm

TEAM-VEGAN-You pay your gym dues but it goes beyond that every time you squat every time you choke down a block of tofu every time you puke this is what you pay just so you can respect yourself and be called a bodybuilder this is membership to TEAM VEGAN the brotherhood of iron sistership of steel.VEGAN-POWER-ROBBIEx
Robbie

PreviousNext

Return to Bodybuilding and Training with Weights